WTB 93 cobra "R"

buddha93

Established Member
Just missed one on Ebay. Of course I don't think it made it's reserve, somwhere north of 80k!

1993R

Established Member
You also need to put down what type of R
1) Never titled etc..
2) Garage Queen
3)Some miles
4) Track Ho
Remember most of us who own them don't have to sell them and with only 107 made and probably 104 in existence it's a sellers market.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I know of one in NC 40K car in good shape $47,000 PM me

Is that 93R (#19 ??) that has a replacement block? Does it still belong to the same guy in NC that restored it or did it get sold to a new owner this past winter?

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
#19 it is the same owner
19.jpg

19b.jpg

19c.jpg

19d.jpg

19e.jpg

19f.jpg

19g.jpg

19h.jpg

Last edited:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
Does a non original block knock 30K off the price of a car? the last "R"s have been bringing 70+k. is the car not worth 47K

1993R

Established Member
That's the $30,000 question ? It would depend on a number of factors including if it's an original R model motor, A Ford Performance part block, a Reman 302 (hi-po or std) etc....

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
That's the $30,000 question ? It would depend on a number of factors including if it's an original R model motor, A Ford Performance part block, a Reman 302 (hi-po or std) etc....

What is the difference between a 93 "original R model motor" and a normal 5.0 of the same year?

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Does a non original block knock 30K off the price of a car? the last "R"s have been bringing 70+k. is the car not worth 47K

Its more the factor of mileage + the non original block that hurts the value in the collector world when comparing it to a ultra low mileage untouch garage queen.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
He's only asking 34k for it.

I think that is a good buy on the car even considering its "faults".
If I had the storage space and extra cash I'd consider buying it for a potential investment.

I know I would not even consider taking that amount for my 38k mile original 93R

buddha93

Established Member
The garage pieces are nice, and pretty cool. Myself though, I'd rather have a ultra clean version that I could drive a short distance every now and again. There's a guy here in St. Louis with one that drives his quite a bit.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
93 Rs had the same engine as the cobras, so the thread at the top of the forum has all the answers.

Kevin, I know they are the same engine, I was just asking because 1993R said "It would depend if it was an original R motor" look at post #9 . In my opinion the non original block , hurts it very little , as long as it is correct apearing. most people wouldnt know if they had their original engine or not unless they bought the car new.

anyway , cars have engines, motors are electric.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
If I suddenly won 20K, I would sell my 93 cobra, and pick up that R for 34K no questions asked. I would want to know the circumstances on why the block was replaced, but it really wouldn't matter. I would drive it to shows and late night cruises as I pleased.

jspalmer01

Established Member
The garage pieces are nice, and pretty cool. Myself though, I'd rather have a ultra clean version that I could drive a short distance every now and again. There's a guy here in St. Louis with one that drives his quite a bit.

If its the one I have seen in STL area it's been driven pretty hard over the years. I THINK it has a blower with a hood decal if I remember correctly?

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, that's probably it John. The last time I saw it was few years ago and it was on it's way downhill. I don't remember a hood decal or blower, just that it was well used. What I do remember is the MO plate, 93 R.

Users who are viewing this thread