WTB: 88-93 5.0 LX Notch|Sedan

PrelateBishop

Established Member
Here's what I'm looking for:

1. Original 5.0 car; 4cyl conversions need not apply
  2. Original 5-spd car; no conversions & absolutely no automatics
  3. STRONG preference for sedan, but would consider CLEAN hatch
  4. I'd prefer a mostly stock car, but mods/upgrades are ok within reason; require documentation to support claims; not interested in race modified cars
  5. Looking for a running/driving vehicle; sorry, no rollers
  6. Vortech supercharger is ok, but have no interest in turbo or carb'd cars
  7. Visual documentation (i.e. pics) must be plentiful and readily available
  8. No stripes, decals, whacky paint jobs, or kooky body kits
  9. Prefer service history
  10. Clean accident history

Colors I simply am not interested in, regardless of how nice the car is:

1. Black
  2. Calypso Green
  3. Canary Yellow
  4. Race Yellow

Willing to travel or have vehicle shipped. A pre-purchase inspection (PPI) is a necessity for me, at my expense of course. If you're not comfortable with that, then your car isn't for me.

For the sake of argument, my budget is approx. $11,000 (including shipping) and I have cash in-hand. My target is something in the $7K - $9K range to leave me with funds to address anything that pops up shortly after taking possession.

Thanks for your time.

PrelateBishop

Established Member
Very nice choices. :coolman:

Good luck with your search.

Thanks...I appreciate it.

I've been looking seriously for about 6 weeks now; man, it has been tough sledding. Let me tell you, the number of awful for sale ads, lazy sellers, and misrepresented cars is simply stunning. So as you've probably guessed, it has been a frustrating search.

Still, I hold out hope that I'll have something before summer gets here.

Eddie Z

Established Member
Thanks...I appreciate it.

I've been looking seriously for about 6 weeks now; man, it has been tough sledding. Let me tell you, the number of awful for sale ads, lazy sellers, and misrepresented cars is simply stunning. So as you've probably guessed, it has been a frustrating search.

Still, I hold out hope that I'll have something before summer gets here.

Be patient, your notch is out there. I just recently bought mine in December after searching for nearly 8 months for the perfect one.

PrelateBishop

Established Member
Be patient, your notch is out there. I just recently bought mine in December after searching for nearly 8 months for the perfect one.

Sage advice, indeed. It took me 6 months to find my 4Runner, so I'm used to hunting for extended periods. Hopefully as Spring approaches, more cars will be on the market.

I'm hoping to buy a car from a Mustang enthusiast, not just anyone who bought a car and threw the JEGS catalog at it.

1Quik46

Livin The Dream!
Established Member
Looks as though there are more WTB threads than Sale ads! I too am jumping back into the market for 2 Stangs! Need 1 for my 15yo son, stock preferably, and 1 for my self, street/strip style! Should be a fun search!

GL with your search!!

PrelateBishop

Established Member
Looks as though there are more WTB threads than Sale ads! I too am jumping back into the market for 2 Stangs! Need 1 for my 15yo son, stock preferably, and 1 for my self, street/strip style! Should be a fun search!

GL with your search!!

Finding a car already modded is almost too easy. However, I'm curious to see if the combo of mods/upgrades will be too your liking, thereby potentially complicating your search. There seems to be quite a few turbo cars, so if that's your thing, you're in luck. Also, I hope you love gaudy cowl hoods, scoops, and spoilers; there are one too many Mustang owners that have ruined the looks of a nice Fox with excessive crap.

As for a stock Fox...man, you've got your work cut out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread