WTB 3650 bellhousing stud kit

drews01cobra

I fly really low....
Established Member
Hello everyone. While replacing my clutch, I partially rounded one of my two upper bellhousing studs/bolts. I ended up using an extraction socket to get the bolt out. Besides a dealership, where else can I buy the bolts to attach the bellhousing to the motor?

I'm located in the Stockton/Modesto area if anyone knows of someplace local. Thanks everyone.

Andrew.

2001cobraguy

Established Member
i did the same exact thing. although i only ruined one bolt beyond re using it. i ordered a set and they were the wrong ones. little too short. the ford dealership said the ones i need arent available anymore. but i would go to the hardware store and just get regular grade 8 bolts. they tranny sits on dowel pins to prevent side to side movement. the stock bolts had a shoulder on them but i really dont think its necessary....my .02

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
is it even possible to get a 3650 bolted down with studs installed. Its tight enough on between the firewall/floorpan and the bellhousing. I hurt my old 3650 and bought a t-56. I havent looked back and sure do love the 2 piece design on the housing and trans assembly.

rich01cobra

Established Member
i did the same thing on sunday. we banged a ½ socket on the rounded one and it came off no problem. re-installed into one of the lower bolt holes with the same socket. when i get new bolts, it'll be easier access.

ran to the local hardware store to get a couple replacement bolts but they didn't have the correct size.

i have a t-56 and the bolt size is M10-1.5 x 65mm. not sure if yours is the same, but its possible.

Users who are viewing this thread