WTB 315x35x17" Tires and matching set for the front.

Bufgt281

Established Member
Like the title says lookin for a set of 17" tires 315's and 275's Must be in excellent condition.All seasons if possible but will check out all.Don't want drag radials street tires only.Thank You

GT500DB

Established Member
I have some BFGs with less than a 1,000 miles on them. Been sitting in my garage. Believe they are 245 fronts and 315 rears. Can check when I get home.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
Be cautious when buying from David AKA GT500DB

Please let me know,

I saw this thread and got the jump on you. You lucked out be me buying them. What he failed to mention was the tires have been in his garage for 12+ years. The manufacture date is 138. Tire manufacturers used a three digit code for all tires manufactured before year 2000. The first two digits reflect the week of the year. The last digit reflects the year of the decade. Yes David sold me tires that were over 15 years old.

I do have to mention he did give me a screaming deal though. 150.00 for a set of tires I though I could use. Unfortunately you would have to be nuts to install them on your cobra.

I offered to stick a knife in the sidewalls if he refunded the money I gave him. I thought that was more than fair considering I drove 466 miles, spent 80.00 in fuel not to mention losing an entire day. His response? Crickets.

Who in their right mind would sell 15 year old tires to a fellow Cobra owner? Lucky for me the good folks at discount tire educated me on the manufacture date for pre 2000 and post 2000 tire manufacture dates.

David is either ignorant or he knew damn well these tires were not safe. The fact that he never responded to any of my diplomatic text messages tells me he intentionally sold useless tires. I don't care how good the deal is, if the tires cannot be used it's no deal at all. You are intentionally ripping off another person.

Users who are viewing this thread