WTB 3.375 Whipple Pulley

carguy96

Established Member
I am looking to see if anyone has a 3.375" Pulley for a 2.3 Whipple they are willing to part with.
I had got a 3.375 recently from a person with a 2.9 Whipple, but it appeared that the offset was different and sat too far back on the snout and did not line up with the idlers. That being said, I need a pulley that will fit a 2.3 Whipple.

Thanks

FJohnny

Established Member
When I pullied mine down a couple of sizes the new pulley didn't align properly either. I called Whipple and they sent me a machined shim that was required to line things up for certain applications.

Problem solved. Suggest you give them a call.

carguy96

Established Member
When I pullied mine down a couple of sizes the new pulley didn't align properly either. I called Whipple and they sent me a machined shim that was required to line things up for certain applications.

Problem solved. Suggest you give them a call.

I had a shim and that did not help either. It was still way to far off.

Attachments

• 685D90A5-CB58-44D3-A01D-4BE0CAF2C1B7.jpeg
    685D90A5-CB58-44D3-A01D-4BE0CAF2C1B7.jpeg
    164.6 KB · Views: 112

FJohnny

Established Member
Damn, mine was less than an eighth of an inch. Hope Whipple can help you out with this. I'd definitely want their input. Shimming out will put extra eccentric loading on the bushing/bearing. I'm guessing Whipple has seen this all before and can give the best guess solution to your issue.

Good luck. Hope it works out and doesn't get $$.

Users who are viewing this thread