Wtb: 2valve supercharger(centrifugal or other)/turbo/anypower adder

sct12

Established Member
I am looking to by a turbo, or supercharger like KB or centrifugal for a 2 valve pi car. Stock bottom end so nothing too crazy, around 9 psi and roots style blower needs to be intercooled. Let me know what you have and how much. Very serious.

sct12

Established Member
Do the roots style blowers produce more than a centri? I was wanting to go with a turbo fabing the piping ourself but it looks like the cost of k-member, turbo, and other small parts it may be cheaper to get a supercharger of some kind. How well do the kbs work on the 2 valves?

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Do the roots style blowers produce more than a centri? I was wanting to go with a turbo fabing the piping ourself but it looks like the cost of k-member, turbo, and other small parts it may be cheaper to get a supercharger of some kind. How well do the kbs work on the 2 valves?

The centri makes all top end power. It doesnt make full boost until 6000rpm. I had one and it felt really nice, but the low end wasnt that good. Other cars getting the jump on you all the time. You have to rev the crap out of it to feel the boost. Also have to downshift all the time. The 2v works extremely well with positive displacement blowers like the kb. You wouldnt have to downshift to get the car to move out. The kb may not make more peak power, but it will feel like its making alot more because it will have a fatter powerband. You can stomp it in just about any gear and make full boost. Much more fun to drive, but it will suck alot more gas if you drive it hard all the time. Plus changing the belt on a centri car is a PITA. Turbo will go the fastest but costs alot more and you dont get the instant torque like the KB.

AZSaleen04

Shelby GT500
Established Member
I have a Saleen Series IV supercharger with a Pulley and Chicane Intercooler that I'm selling.

Users who are viewing this thread