WTB 2013 SVTPP Goodyear Tires

Silent-H

Established Member
Looking to buy a set of factory stock 2013 GT500 SVTPP Goodyear Tires. Eagle F1 Supercar G P265/40ZR19 fronts and P285/35ZR20 rears. New take-offs preferred if possible or very little tread wear. 2012 manufacture dates prior to October, please. Trying to return to stock look and time.
Thanks

Last edited:

Streetpwr281

Established Member
I'm taking my rears off on Friday. 9k on them but literally never spun or raced. Look near new still. Dec 12' delivery of car so may be pre-Aug 12 tire date. If interested PM me. In Tampa FL. I may be willing to replace my fronts as well if you want full set. All show very little wear. Car is 100% stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Too bad you want '13. i have a set of '12 SVTPP and OEM G:2 tread with 1500 miles on the tires. The wheels look nearly brand new and have 8000 mikes on them, never rain. was going to put them up for sales for $1400 this spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silent-H

Established Member
Ohio Snake, I only need the tires. Do you know the date codes on yours? If your car is a late built 2012, they might fit my needs if you're interested in separating them from the wheels. Thanks.

Silent-H

Established Member
Edited my desired date to October 2012 or earlier. So date code would read 4012 or earlier. Thanks.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Edited my desired date to October 2012 or earlier. So date code would read 4012 or earlier. Thanks.

I have to check the date code, but they are the 2012 tread version. I bought them new in late 2015 from Tirebuyer.com. In 2016, I bought the Shelby Venice wheels with the same Goodyear's in 305/35/20 and 285/35/20.

zsommer79

Established Member
Check with Tirerack, when I was looking for a driver front all they had was the older tires from 2012.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Check with Tirerack, when I was looking for a driver front all they had was the older tires from 2012.

From my understanding, there is the 2012 tread and compound version and a newer version (2014, I think) . Some places, including Tire Rack, will show a 2012 version but will only have the newer version. Personally, I prefer the older version.

Ohio Snake

Established Member

i have not had the chance to get the date code yet. Hopefully, i can get it this weekend. The tires are off the car and in the garage stacked. I prefer to sell the wheels and tires together as a package.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Ohio Snake, I only need the tires. Do you know the date codes on yours? If your car is a late built 2012, they might fit my needs if you're interested in separating them from the wheels. Thanks.

I checked the purchase records. The date code is 3913 or 39th week of 2013.

Silent-H

Established Member
Ohio Snake, Thanks for checking. Sorry, but those are later than I was hoping for. The search continues....

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Ohio Snake, Thanks for checking. Sorry, but those are later than I was hoping for. The search continues....

No problem. I think it will be tough finding a manufactured date in 2012. I just wanted the '12 compound and tread version when buying new. One thing I noticed on my original OEM's manufactured in '12....they seemed to be "drier" or not as grippy as they aged.

Silent-H

Established Member
Ohio Snake, Thanks. Yes, I've heard the earlier tires are prone to dry cracking.

Y2K4Cobra, No worries, PM me what dates you have. Thanks!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Ohio Snake, Thanks. Yes, I've heard the earlier tires are prone to dry cracking.

Y2K4Cobra, No worries, PM me what dates you have. Thanks!

Attachments

• Goodyear ZL1 tire bulletin.jpg
    Goodyear ZL1 tire bulletin.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 189

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Hey Snoopy49,
i was aware the cold temp cracking issue. The tires were not cracking at all. It just seemed that as the tires aged, the grip ability dissipated at a faster rate than the tread wear. The tire was physically fine. Thats the best way to describe it. Don't get me wrong, when brand new and the right temp, the grip is great.

Users who are viewing this thread