Wtb 2001-2002 svt cobra asap!

Jdecook2008

Established Member
Hey all,

I'm trying to buy a 2001 or 2002 svt cobra. I only want one that is coupe so NO CONVERTIBLES WHATSOEVER! I also would like one with 70,000 miles or less. Please if anyone has one available I am willing to pay top dollar for it as long as it is well taken care of. I would really prefer a black, white or silver. No yellow or nasty green or red. Please email me at [email protected]
or just post a thread back to me here.
Also, I have a 2008 mustang gt premium. It's grey with black racing stripes. I want to sell my gt and get an 01 cobra so if anyone was interested in trading me and giving me cash on top of my car for a cobra, I am interested in doing that. Thank you for your help.

guilly55

Established Member
tried to e-mail, but e- mail is acting up!
I have a Laser red 2001 just turned 70,000, no mods.
Sorry not interested in trade.

Last edited:

guilly55

Established Member
I'm in Louisiana, you would probably have better luck finding one closer to you. Are you close to Plymouth Mi.? I have family there. Sent you a PM.

jd123

Established Member
No cobra's in the U.S. produced in 2002. And the only green was on the '99, which is electric green. Not trying to flame you, just inform.

Jdecook2008

Established Member
Black 01 cobra info

Competition,

thanks for the tip I really appreciate it. I'm gonna go check out the car asap. But I guess I should ask you questions about it first sense youved already seen it. Was the car in good condition? What made you not want to buy the black one? Were there any other people interested in buying this one when you were looking at it?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Competition,

thanks for the tip I really appreciate it. I'm gonna go check out the car asap. But I guess I should ask you questions about it first sense youved already seen it. Was the car in good condition? What made you not want to buy the black one? Were there any other people interested in buying this one when you were looking at it?

No problem. It wasn't a bad car for the price, just a couple things that I didn't like. The front seat was kind of worn, and would need replacing. Which struck me as odd for a 30k mile car. Also he said there was something that needed replacing with the rear IRS, but didn't go into much detail. He did however say he would fix it before it was sold. It has beautiful 18" 2000 Cobra wheels on it, with brand new tires. It's really pretty, has a few little flaws, but it's almost 10 years old, so nothing is going to be perfect. Honestly I would have probably went back and bought it if Vtek II on here didn't make me such a good deal on his Cobra.

There were a couple others looking at it. I did drive it for a while, rode nice. Trans whined a lot in second, but from what people say that's usually normal for T3650 transmissions, especially with an aftermarket shifter. Other than that it ran beautiful, and drove great.

Last edited:

2001cobraguy

Established Member
and it has an accident on the carfax....that sucks...and yeah most of the tremecs whine if you put an aftermarket shifter on and dont use the proper gasket to quiet them down. mine does the same thing in fourth, not second, and i didnt put the proper gasket in. i made my own from the right stuff.. works just as well as far as i know and have never had a problem with it. just a little noisy. not bad unless your at low rpms in fourth though. and why did he pull the spoiler off the car? looks like a bullit now....

Users who are viewing this thread