WTB: 04 cobra crossover pipe

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
looking to spend around 30 shipped. seen alot go for that price.

i'll even send my old one back to you if interested. i just cant get the cap off

386tunchi

usmc
Established Member
or you could just have somebody weld a bolt on top, thats what i did, btw I'm over here in lake city

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i dont think its gonna unscrew.. tried a few things and the whole thing started move. the plug is just so soft that the edges crush in. plyers will grip it then take chunks of metal off. had someone else help and they beat on it and bent the pipe a little.

sucks because i have a new aftermarket plug to put on.

if i did weld it, do i do a full weld around the whole bolt or just tach it?

386tunchi

usmc
Established Member
i had a friend of mine tig a stainless bolt to it around the whole bolt, havent had a problem and its been on an off multiple times

black 10th vert

Established Member
i dont think its gonna unscrew.. tried a few things and the whole thing started move. the plug is just so soft that the edges crush in. plyers will grip it then take chunks of metal off. had someone else help and they beat on it and bent the pipe a little.

sucks because i have a new aftermarket plug to put on.

if i did weld it, do i do a full weld around the whole bolt or just tach it?

I just welded a 1/2-13 nut in the center, and welded in the middle of the nut (where the threads are), and mine came right off. Usually the heat from welding also helps to break the bond, so it works great if you slap a wrench/socket right on after welding before it's cool.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread