WTB 03 Cobra Heads

01blckcobra

Established Member
Looking for a good pair of 03/04 cobra heads to put on my turbo set up.

Anyone near Madsion, WI, DO NOT take your heads to Performace Engine And Machine, They are horrible to work with and will screw you over.

My experience:
Cam bolt desided to break on the drive side head, which caused 14 bent valves. Took the heads there to get an estimate on what it would cost to fix, was told they would charge 600 in labor + parts. 3 months later got a call saying my heads were done and it was 1,000 total. go up there next day and my bill was 1500. 950 dollars labor rest for parts, they couldnt find vavles that matched the heads so they ground their own, heads still had shaving on them, weren't cleaned at all, all the valve werent the same, some had pits some didnt, burs all around each combustion chamber. I had to switch the intake and exhaust cams around, werent in the right orders, in doing that i found that the secondary cam gear had the key way and tooth busted completely off, would have been a very bad day if i just slapped thoses heads on, called them up with my concerns, they basically told me tough luck, we did the best we can. I'm still waiting on their estimate. Dont get me wrong its my fault for taking the heads but my thoughts with them is if i tired to fight they were going to win anyways and end up keeping my heads and i'd be out the 1500 bucks. lol either way i guess i'm still out that. Car has 4 pass on thoses heads and the valve guides desided to drop out of the heads, valves werent even in spec either. which took out my turbo from the oil leaking down the head. Another shop told me to fix the head it would be more money than a new head.
Whole thing is theses guys work on race cars??? and build engines? hate to spend 20k on an engine from them and blow up in one pass with the shady work.
anyways that my short story of my experiance. so i'm back to square one. lol

Users who are viewing this thread