WTB: 03-04 OEM take off heads

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I posted this in the Engine section of the market, but I thought it may get more hits here in Gen2.

I am wanting to swap to the 8thread 03-04 head. Intereted in seeing if anyone has any available. Would preferably have some read to bolt on, already assembled with valves,springs,cams, etc.

Thanks.

FordFanStan

Established Member
There is a pair of Romeo heads on Nloc that should be fine to start with. They have been used twice now, so I think they will need to be refurbished, new guides, new springs, new valve seals, a 5 angle valve job, probably need to be milled some, etc. So like I say, for starters they are great. If you're looking for something to slap on immediately, either you'll need to find them new or find someone selling a set, but anytime they are used I always recommend going through them, I wouldn't trust them used.

I just sold my stage 3 heads and custom DMP spec'd cams since I will be using new TF heads and different spec'd cams both. I just had a 5 angle valve job done, all new guides (high dollar ones too), new valve seals (the best), DMP spec'd Crower 130lb. springs tested, and had them milled before I sold them. It was a lot of work and about 500-600 dollars out of my pocket, but the new owner can slap them on without any worries and I won't ever hear I sold a bunk product. IMHO though, I doubt you will find that kind of a deal anywhere else lol. FFS

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Yeah. I just decided to pull them off as bad as I hate to and either timecert the existing ones but I really would rather have a nice set of 03-04 or an aftermarket set if the price is right.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Put a cert in for now until you find the heads and run it. You never know, it may be a bit of time until you find a decent set of heads or come up with cash for "new" or fresh heads. If I didn't sell mine locally already I would have sold them to you now Andy. My total price was $1600 w/ the cams and the heads completely re-freshened, damn good deal. FFS

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I've decided to just take my heads off and timecert all 8 and slap them back on.

I don't need to go into credit card debt right now, so I'll just leave it how it is and ride out.

Thanks for the help Stan, I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread