!* WTB 03/04 cobra specific spr-zm steering rack*!

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
There is a recall on 03 04 cobra steering racks, take it to the dealer

Recalls are Vin Specific his car may or may not have a recall for the power steering. He should contact the dealer with his VIN # and ask for any details if he is available for the recall and also what the recall repair entails. It may change a hose, o-ring, pump, reservoir, or other items than the rack. (I'm not familiar with the exact recall you sure it's not a TSB?)

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
:??: Almost all are out of warranty. Or are you just talking about the shorter sleeves they sell?

Recalls are almost always for the lifetime of the vehicle. Some do expire after certain mileage/time intervals but it would be well beyond the Original Warranty Expiration. TSBs are usually only covered for the life of the Original Warranty.

Jefe

Established Member
Recalls are almost always for the lifetime of the vehicle. Some do expire after certain mileage/time intervals but it would be well beyond the Original Warranty Expiration. TSBs are usually only covered for the life of the Original Warranty.

I think hes talking about this TSB

TSB data for: 2004 FORD MUSTANG
Bulletin Number: 04248
Sequence Number: 10014080
Date: 20041213
Component Name: 014000 STEERING:RACK AND PINION
Make: FORD
Model: MUSTANG
Year: 2004
Summary:
STEERING RACK NOISE. *TT SQUEAK/CREAK NOISE FROM STEERING RACK WHEN TURNING. *SC

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
I think hes talking about this TSB

TSB data for: 2004 FORD MUSTANG
Bulletin Number: 04248
Sequence Number: 10014080
Date: 20041213
Component Name: 014000 STEERING:RACK AND PINION
Make: FORD
Model: MUSTANG
Year: 2004
Summary:
STEERING RACK NOISE. *TT SQUEAK/CREAK NOISE FROM STEERING RACK WHEN TURNING. *SC

Thanks, I didn't feel like taking the time to look it up. Although as stated above the TSB is only going to be Warrantied within the original factory warranty timescale. Keep looking for that Rack!

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Lol i think im gonna have to break down at get what i can from ford. Used 03-04 racks arent looking promising yet.

Users who are viewing this thread