WTB: 03-04 Cobra/Mach 1 LCA's

96svtdriver

Established Member
As the title says, I'm looking for a pair of 03-04 Cobra/Mach 1 lower control arms in good shape. I would prefer them minus balljoints and LCA bushings, but if they are there thats okay too. All reasonable offers considered and shipping would be to 23503. Thanks!

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
If your looking for them without ball joints, I'm pretty sure you can use any 96-04 lower. I'm not positive, but am pretty sure the low friction ball joints are the only difference between a 03/04 cobra/mach and 96-04GT (and 96-01 Cobra) lower.

96svtdriver

Established Member
If your looking for them without ball joints, I'm pretty sure you can use any 96-04 lower. I'm not positive, but am pretty sure the low friction ball joints are the only difference between a 03/04 cobra/mach and 96-04GT (and 96-01 Cobra) lower.

They're not the same, they have redesigned geometry that's supposed to improve on the ackerman steering, increase turn radius ~10% and a couple of other things like 50% stiffer rear bushings, etc etc. They're a popular upgrade for the 94-98 Cobra in particular.

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
They're not the same, they have redesigned geometry that's supposed to improve on the ackerman steering, increase turn radius ~10% and a couple of other things like 50% stiffer rear bushings, etc etc. They're a popular upgrade for the 94-98 Cobra in particular.

Good to know:beer:

Rusty67

Established Member
As far as I know the 99 and new arms are all physically the same. The bushings in the Cobra arms were stiffer and I think the ball joints might have been different as stated but the raw arm from 99 up didn't change. The Ford service part also replaces all prior arms and there is only 1 available from them now... I think. Just put poly bushings on your arms and run the motorsport ball joint or a good replacement ball joint.

Users who are viewing this thread