WTB 01 Cobra Front Bumper Cover

leegro1015

Established Member
I am not trying to upgrade. I have an 01 Cobra that was involved in a collision and the insurance is going to cover it but they are having a hard time finding an 01 Bumper. If you or someone you know has one please post here. Price??? like I said insurance is paying for it. :rollseyes

Blown01SVT

Established Member
I hit a deer with my 01 two weeks ago. My bumper has some damage to it but its not bad. 3 inch long split on the driver side. Starts under headlight and goes down through both edge lines. My insurance company at first were going to total it because a new cover from ford or aftermarket were no longer available and told me when parts aren't available, they would total the car. They also told me they weren't going to waste their time trying to find a good used one. I got them to decide not to total it and gave me money to try to have it fixed. If someone is good with bodywork and knows how to fix the split, I would be willing to give it up for a decent 03/04 front cover.

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
I hit a deer with my 01 two weeks ago. My bumper has some damage to it but its not bad. 3 inch long split on the driver side. Starts under headlight and goes down through both edge lines. My insurance company at first were going to total it because a new cover from ford or aftermarket were no longer available and told me when parts aren't available, they would total the car. They also told me they weren't going to waste their time trying to find a good used one. I got them to decide not to total it and gave me money to try to have it fixed. If someone is good with bodywork and knows how to fix the split, I would be willing to give it up for a decent 03/04 front cover.

Sent you another PM, not sure if you saw it :thumbsup:

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Probably not what you want, but you can always go 03-04 for then time and if you find one look to get if you want to keep the car and keep insurance from totaling.

What's amazing is these are very popular for the new edge, yet no one or even ford has decided to repop.

Last edited:

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Probably not what you want, but you can always go 03-04 for then time and if you find one look to get if you want to keep the car and keep insurance from totaling.

What's amazing is these are very popular for the new edge, yet no one or even ford has decided to repop.

My father said the same thing last night. I told him I was looking for a 99/01 bumper and explained there were no repros...he was dumbfounded.

2001cobravert

Established Member

There are some cheap fiberglass ones on ebay. Not sure about quality though.

svtsiniard

Established Member
I will have a 99-01 cobra bumper for sale next week. It is a fiberglass remake. The corners where the bumper meets the front quarters are a little rough and there is a 2 inch crack under the drivers side headlight. Any decent body man can fix it. The bezels are built in to this bumper. The only reason I'm selling is that I just bought an OEM 99-01 for the same price I paid for the remake. So taking offers on it to recoup my money. I'd give it an 8 of 10 on its condition. Can send pixs to 828-244-3885

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
I've been holding on to the 01 bumper that got a crack in it when I had my accident. I'm just waiting for someone close to me to give me the cash cuz I don't want to sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread