Wtb 00 r

TFStang

Established Member
There is a "driver" on Ebay right now. You may be able to work a deal on it and its only in NJ. Not too far away.

gixxer1

Established Member
There is a "driver" on Ebay right now. You may be able to work a deal on it and its only in NJ. Not too far away.

Yes i did speak with him but the car fax shows a poss. rollback and thats a red flag for me.

Wanna let yours go??? Pm me.

Last edited:

JohnW#88

Established Member
There is a "driver" on Ebay right now.

;-) Thats not nice.

Driver, no. Race car project, yes.

I was asking the same question a year ago and with this communities help found 2-3 really good ones. Note, all of the "good ones" and the one I ended up selecting were never advertised publicly. Hopefully, you'll be getting a number of PM's like I did.

Good luck. The 00R is truly one of a kind.

JohnW#88

Established Member
Couple of things I learned during my search.

The way I see things, the group of 300 can be broken into 4 categories. Opinions may vary.;-)

1. There are 100/125ish cars that are locked away in deep storage/ collections. Gone.

2. Another 125ish are in collector/ enthusiast hands like mine. Well maintained , low miles, cared for, nice cars, and they're not normally for sale. The few 00R race and track cars would be here.

3. Junk/ poor condition. 20-30. Cars that have been crashed, rebuilt, painted, rode hard and stared in youtube videos. #82 comes to mind.

4. Gone. 15-20ish. Destroyed. Parted out.

You want to catch someone in group 2 at the right time that is looking to lighten their collection or has the shinny new toy syndrome.

But, please note. Those of us in group 2 understand what the 00R is and how in the years to come it WILL BE one of the cars to have. You will pay top coin ($50+) to pry one of these away. Anything less that that number for a car in group 2 is a steal.

Happy hunting.

JohnW#88

Established Member
JohnW#88, did you buy your R from... ?

PMed ya, Dave.

PS, Drove the R today. Man what a brute/ raw force these cars are. Not blindingly fast by any stretch. And, one must understand/ appreciate why the thing tracks and follows ruts in the road with the -3 degrees. Just like a real race car. ;-) Engine roar, odd bangs, clunks, rock tings and funky chassis noises are the music. Nothing from the speakers!

I love the car. But my love affair lasts for about 30 minutes every couple weeks then we're heading home. ;-)

Last edited:

gixxer1

Established Member
JohnW thank you for your input. Your absolutely right. Deff. looking for #2.
Also interested in a 95R as well.

Last edited:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
There are also cars in group 2 that are clean with higher (20k-30k) miles but are still great deals. I too found my car here on the forum, sometimes the better way to go since they stay in the "family" and don't get trashed by dreamers.

flattrack53

Established Member
There are also cars in group 2 that are clean with higher (20k-30k) miles but are still great deals. I too found my car here on the forum, sometimes the better way to go since they stay in the "family" and don't get trashed by dreamers.

I agree with this statement....As far as your old car that they were talking about. Bruce's car was an example of a clean higher mileage car. The new owner has just decided to show some neglect to the car. I don't think one will go wrong with purchasing that car. It will need some minor things but if you want a car to drive and do open track days with and not care about putting mileage on the car, that may be the car for you......But that price will have to go down significantly.

TFStang

Established Member
Couple of things I learned during my search.

The way I see things, the group of 300 can be broken into 4 categories. Opinions may vary.;-)

1. There are 100/125ish cars that are locked away in deep storage/ collections. Gone.

2. Another 125ish are in collector/ enthusiast hands like mine. Well maintained , low miles, cared for, nice cars, and they're not normally for sale. The few 00R race and track cars would be here.

3. Junk/ poor condition. 20-30. Cars that have been crashed, rebuilt, painted, rode hard and stared in youtube videos. #82 comes to mind.

4. Gone. 15-20ish. Destroyed. Parted out.

You want to catch someone in group 2 at the right time that is looking to lighten their collection or has the shinny new toy syndrome.

But, please note. Those of us in group 2 understand what the 00R is and how in the years to come it WILL BE one of the cars to have. You will pay top coin ($50+) to pry one of these away. Anything less that that number for a car in group 2 is a steal.

Happy hunting.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there a "category 1." car for sale here not too long ago with only 23 wrapper miles for $42K? BOOSTD5.4 just sold it and it wass offered here first. I don't think $50K is going to happen on htese cars for quite some time. If you are patient and careful, you can find a nice "category2." car for low $30K's. Ask me how I know.;-)

JohnW#88

Established Member
I do agree the higher mileage 00R's (20-30k) with proper care and feeding fit into #2. I should've rephrased the low mileage thing, I guess. ;-) An informed, knowledgeable owner with all the proper documentation is the key.

I'm very long the 00R. As the years click by and more and more cars get moved out of #1 and #2 the remaining "good ones" will return to and exceed MSRP. Dad thinks the 00R is running the same path as the Boss 429. :shrug: Dunno, way before my time. ;-)

Additionally, as I've said before, as the prices continue to drop more non-collectors will end up with these cars. For years the 00R was off Joe Sixpack's radar because only "rich collectors" owned them. Not any longer.

I think the $35k car is a steal if it's all there.

The time to buy a 00R is now. IMO.

JohnW#88

Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there a "category 1." car for sale here not too long ago with only 23 wrapper miles for $42K? BOOSTD5.4 just sold it and it wass offered here first.

I think you're right.

I don't know the facts, but perhaps BOOSTD5.4's car ended up moving from #1 to #2? That 42K mark was a great deal mainly because the owner was quality guy that maintained the car even in its hibernation.

flattrack53

Established Member
I think you're right.

I don't know the facts, but perhaps BOOSTD5.4's car ended up moving from #1 to #2? That 42K mark was a great deal mainly because the owner was quality guy that maintained the car even in its hibernation.

The new owner posted in another thread on here a month or so back. It still has like 30 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread