ws6 vs lighting

todd4168

Established Member
First off I am new to your svt site and I am not a mustang basher by no means. I actually love them as much as the f body. I just have way to much money tied up in a 15,000 mile car to get rid of it. Any way I have beat numerous vetts including z06 but never raced an 06 yet and mustangs. I was coming up I 65 and had a red lighting pull up beside me and we raced till 130-140 from 60 side bye side very impressive for a truck awesome power. Needless to say I was very surprised. :shrug:

REPCobra10

Established Member
Wow, that must have been one hell of a modified Lightning to stay side-by-side from 60-140mph with your 500hp Trans Am. It's actually hard to believe because I used to have an L that ran 12.20's @ ~112mph and I could pull on Corvette's and Porsche's (not the Turbo) all day and all night long from a low-speed roll or especially from a dig, but those same cars from a highway roll, forget about it. They would pull me so hard up top because of their aerodynamics and gearing and such. Anyways, very impressive for the L to say the least. Did you get a chance to talk to the guy about his mods? I'm very curious. Anyways, take it easy man.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Good race. What kind of track times have you goten with that car.
I really like the WS6.

todd4168

Established Member
Believe it or not never took it to the track. I dont get out much anymore got a newborn little girl and a 22 year old wife that need attention and a waiter - slave -servant all the time. Ill take it this summer I just got et steets 2 weeks ago and am getting meth injection on it now so it should do ok. Fo a gm product. Ha Ha

J's98Snake

Established Member
todd4168 said:
Believe it or not never took it to the track. I dont get out much anymore got a newborn little girl and a 22 year old wife that need attention and a waiter - slave -servant all the time. Ill take it this summer I just got et steets 2 weeks ago and am getting meth injection on it now so it should do ok. Fo a gm product. Ha Ha

Make sure you tune that bad boy with the meth injection. It will drop your intake temp a ton and the PCM will throw all kinds of timing at the motor if/when it reads the temps. First data log mine threw 30* of timing. temps went from 155 to 95 within 300 rpm of the meth/water spraying. Timing is locked down at 22*.

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
Wow for a L to stay with you above oh about 80 is amazing. It probably had a built engine and a KB on it.... Think about it, your putting down around 500 hp in a car that is 2 times more areodynamic than a L, and weighs around 1000lbs less. To say that Lightning was putting down some power is an understatement!!!

wishing MY truck was that fast....
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread