WS6 vs. C5 vs. 11' GT500

BStowers023

Established Member
GT500 : Intake, Pulley, Tune.

C5 : VaraRam Cold air intake, ported TB, MAF, TSP LTs, X-pipe, B&B cat back exhaust, UDP, LG Motor Sports G5X2 Camshaft, Nitrous Express Plate 1xx shot, tune.

WS6 : Ported 853s, RapTR cam, lid, MAF, LTs, Y pipe, magnaflow catback, 4.10s, NX 100 shot, tune.

Vid was taken from the WS6, C5 in the middle lane, GT500 in the far right. Didn't hear the honks so I think they got a slight hit on me then hit the rev in 3rd but still was a good race.

40-130

***** H/C/n20 WS6 vs. Cam/N20 C5 - YouTube *****

Last edited:

slynch68

Established Member
It was a good race. I was driving the 11' GT500 with stock exhaust. I don't think the C5 had any idea what was going on. C5 should've honked it off. That way both of us could hear on both sides. Lets plan out the race next time before i heat soak.

Too bad the 03' cobra fouled a plug. Him and I run about as even as you can get.

Had a great time and those are some nice cars. Next time ill put the DR's on and run you from a dig

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Good run, I couldn't really tell where the 500 was but it looked like a good race between the WS6 and Vette.

BStowers023

Established Member
It was a good race. I was driving the 11' GT500 with stock exhaust. I don't think the C5 had any idea what was going on. C5 should've honked it off. That way both of us could hear on both sides. Lets plan out the race next time before i heat soak.

Too bad the 03' cobra fouled a plug. Him and I run about as even as you can get.

Had a great time and those are some nice cars. Next time ill put the DR's on and run you from a dig

Sup man? didn't know you were on here. Sorry about the exhaust thing, I thought you said it had a catback...I fixed it in the OP though. But yeah man get some DRs and we will run them from a dig :rockon:

slynch68

Established Member
They both pulled a car on me. This run happened right after trying to get the C5 to run both the 03 cobra and I. After 5 miles of high rpm running and turning around on the freeway heat soak sets in. No excuses though. We'll run again and I'll bring the GoPro next time

BStowers023, no worries about the exhaust. I had an OR/X on it but took it off. We'll have to get together again. Sent you a PM.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Poor vid...however you can see the 500's head lamp on the street so it had to be somewhat closer...however next time record until the race is done and then some...

BStowers023

Established Member
Poor vid...however you can see the 500's head lamp on the street so it had to be somewhat closer...however next time record until the race is done and then some...

I was was looking over at the vette and didn't see the gt500 in my view anywhere, not saying it wasn't somewhat close but not within 1 car. If it was, I would have noticed it. And you see the headlights thru 2nd then they disappear.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
They both pulled a car on me. This run happened right after trying to get the C5 to run both the 03 cobra and I. After 5 miles of high rpm running and turning around on the freeway heat soak sets in. No excuses though. We'll run again and I'll bring the GoPro next time

BStowers023, no worries about the exhaust. I had an OR/X on it but took it off. We'll have to get together again. Sent you a PM.

Upgrade your HE and you will be able to do numerous hard pulls without losing power.

JEvans124

Established Member

Hey there Im the guy that had The Silver C5 and I did know what was going on I honked it off with all three cars side by side it was almost impossible to hear but it looked like a good run I dont know if you let off or what but saying you were only one car back at the end of the race is a little far from the truth because I could see you behind me at least 2 or 3 cars before I left 2nd gear and then you continued to drop back pretty fast. We can do a rematch some time if you think it was close and if you are having traction issues like you said some drags will help.

Last edited:

slynch68

Established Member
I'll admit I lost to lighter LS's on spray. No doubt about it.

You didn't know what was going on going eastbound or west. The other cobra and I were waiting for you going eastbound and we couldn't wait forever. We were holding up traffic too long.

You both have a weight advantage on me so lets run all motor next time?

I'll get a Revan HE soon along with some sauce if the LS's can't run without it.

BStowers023

Established Member
I'll admit I lost to lighter LS's on spray. No doubt about it.

You didn't know what was going on going eastbound or west. The other cobra and I were waiting for you going eastbound and we couldn't wait forever. We were holding up traffic too long.

You both have a weight advantage on me so lets run all motor next time?

I'll get a Revan HE soon along with some sauce if the LS's can't run without it.

Well I wanted to run towards the end of cowan but chris wanted to go on the interstate which was a dumb idea IMO, cowan road is no traffic, you can do a dig or whatever roll without having to worry about a semi ramming into you lol.

As far as me vs. you on motor, that won't happen. Your car makes 100+ more whp than my car on motor and my car is not much lighter than yours at all.

JEvans124

Established Member
Put some sauce on that gt 500 and shes gunna blow!
709-447.gif

slynch68

Established Member
Sauce on the GT500 will actually help my car more than an N/A engine. Nitrous cools the supercharger and the torque goes through the roof. Guys that put 100hp shot on GT500's see about 150lb's of tq instantly.

Who has the pistons/rods to handle boost/nos? A LS7/LS9/LSA but not LS1's

BStowers023

Established Member
Sauce on the GT500 will actually help my car more than an N/A engine. Nitrous cools the supercharger and the torque goes through the roof. Guys that put 100hp shot on GT500's see about 150lb's of tq instantly.

Who has the pistons/rods to handle boost/nos? A LS7/LS9/LSA but not LS1's

That just depends on the setup man. I know the 5.4s can hold a lot, but so can any LS motor along with the LS1. But IMO any double power adder car is dumb, if you need 2 then your shit better be going 8's.

Users who are viewing this thread