WRX vs. 96 cobra from a roll.......

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
for those of you that didnt know. i wrecked my cobra a few months ago. well i recently ended up buying a vishnu stage 2 WRX. so it has an upgraded turbo and yada yada yada........ well i raced my friend from 40-100 in his 96 cobra(3.73's, o/r H, shifter and i think thast it). he counted it down and he punched it. he instantly pulled about a car while i was building boost, then when i hit boost i started pullin, we ended with him at my rear bumper and me walking away. it was a good race, i wanna run him from a dig and see what happens!!!!!

no flames on me gettin an import please.

Last edited:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
It's okay justin, I believe you. I talked with Joe about the incident, and discovered he can't drive. You can race me if you want from a roll :) even from a dig. 20 bucks says I catch you around 70mph haha.. good stuff though!!!

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Zinc03Cobra said:
It's okay justin, I believe you. I talked with Joe about the incident, and discovered he can't drive. You can race me if you want from a roll :) even from a dig. 20 bucks says I catch you around 70mph haha.. good stuff though!!!
he had to hit the gas and shift once.......... not too hard to do my friend.......LOL.

QU!CK

Bite The Bullitt...
Established Member
On the road again...just can't wait to get on the
LAXbronco65 said:
for those of you that didnt know. i wrecked my cobra a few months ago. well i recently ended up buying a vishnu stage 2 WRX. so it has an upgraded turbo and yada yada yada........ well i raced my friend from 40-100 in his 96 cobra(3.73's, o/r H, shifter and i think thast it). he counted it down and he punched it. he instantly pulled about a car while i was building boost, then when i hit boost i started pullin, we ended with him at my rear bumper and me walking away. it was a good race, i wanna run him from a dig and see what happens!!!!!

Nice race, what speed did you guys start the race at? (and why the heck didn't he go with 4.10's? :loser: )

-J

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Interspy24 said:
Nice kill, I like those cars. How do you feel it compares to your cobra?
pulls a little harder from a roll, and from a dig it will take my breath away with a 5.5k launch, no joke. it makes me dizzy. i love the car so far.

we went from 40 and he bought the car with 3.73's.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
I really like the WRX, I think its a kick ass little car. Nice kill dude...

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
LAXBronco65 said:

Is this the stage 2 that brings the engine to 350hp?

smokey

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
Is this the stage 2 that brings the engine to 350hp?

I always get confused with this because each company has their own stages (vishnu, turboxs, cobb)...but I think you're right. I went to vishnu tuning at the package includes the following:

Vishnu Reprogrammed ECU
Standard Series 3” Cat-Back Exhaust
Standard Series 3-inch Down-Pipe with High-Flow Catalyst VF34 Turbocharger STi 550cc Injectors High Flow Fuel Pump (not shown)

Performance is:
0-60mph in 4.2 seconds
Standing ¼ mile in 12.6 seconds at 108mph

Price is $3225 total

Those are the stats I saw off vishnutuning.com

And you're right, it gives 350hp

http://www.vishnutuning.com/wrx_stage2_v350.htm

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
smokey said:
I always get confused with this because each company has their own stages (vishnu, turboxs, cobb)...but I think you're right. I went to vishnu tuning at the package includes the following:

Vishnu Reprogrammed ECU
Standard Series 3-inch Down-Pipe with High-Flow Catalyst VF34 Turbocharger STi 550cc Injectors High Flow Fuel Pump (not shown)

Performance is:
0-60mph in 4.2 seconds

Price is $3225 total

Thats pretty good for 3k. Running 12's, nice.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
smokey said:

Vishnu Reprogrammed ECU

Performance is:
0-60mph in 4.2 seconds

Price is $3225 total

Yeah I went to that site, so thats what I figured, but Vishnu has recently updated their site and I didn't know if they kept the same names for each package.

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
thanx guys. i love the car. i get a full 18psi by 3500RPM and it tapers off to about 17psi to the 7500 redline. so the lag aint bad at all.

PICT0160.jpg

its ridin high, i have springs for it in my garage but i cant put them on till i get narrower tires.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
Great buy. I have a friend with on 03 WRX with a up-pipe, downpipe, vf34 cobb stage 2 and we race from time to time and the result is the same. Those cars can haul a$$ with just a little bigger turbo and a tune plus once you install the handling mods the car turns into instant glue and sticks to the road. Just be careful not to break your transmission. :coolman:

The other day we ran a C4 corvette from a roll and we pulled on him. Man the guy in the corvette was surprised. :-D

NewGuyGT

Established Member
Ya dude. You CAN NOT bang the gears like you can in a mustang. The trannies plain suck. I broke 2nd gear in my 02rex i had. 4K for a new tranny. Whats that, upgrade to an STI 6spd? HA! Around 7k or more. And forget about warranty. They will say it was from abuse. Dont want to scare ya. Just drive smooth and your good. Have fun!

and ya, launching is awesome. :rockon:

Also, if you don want to launch and your worried about breakin trannies, you can buy STI Version 5(6?) gear sets. They're chryo treated and made for power. Probably not worth the 1200 for the average guy. Food for thought tho.

Last edited:

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
I was going to buy a 350+ awhp WRX before I got the SVTF (and the Cobra and the SRT-4). The guy said its a badass car, that is fast as hell...but he said DONT, under any circumstances...launch it. He said that is the best way to leave the underside of the car on the road. He said its fast enough that you can just let it roll a bit then get on it and still cut awesome times.

Users who are viewing this thread