Wrong Vehicle on Ticket

Termi-Addict

Established Member
Just a quick question, I was reading around about tickets and I've read if they get any info about your vehicle wrong the judge will dismiss the ticket with no hesitance. Now the officer that wrote me up put down my truck as being a '72 K10 Chevy, but it's actually a '70 C10 Chevy. Any luck this will be dismissed with that wrong info? I'm in Utah

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
NO. obviously your "reading around" did not include a search of the donut shop. A ticket can be amended for things like you mention

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
NO. obviously your "reading around" did not include a search of the donut shop. A ticket can be amended for things like you mention

RDJ is absolutely correct, the ticket can be amended. This is one of those "Urban Myths/Legends" that seem to spread as gospel.

bscarberry

Established Member
the most important question is... was he wearing his hat when he wrote the ticket??? That could be a deal breaker

TDUB003

Established Member
Well it really depends on the color of your car. If he wrote that your truck is orange and it's really a shade of yellowish baby shit brown with rust spots then I'd say you definitely have a case. You might be able to beat your ticket depending on the circumstances and the evidence against you IF you do some actual research and not try to rely on the fact that the officer got your truck 2 years off. The only time that works is if the officer writes that you were driving a red Corvette when you were actually driving a blue Toyota Corolla.

granny03

Established Member
I had one thrown out once because the officer wrote my height down as 5 ft 8. I went to court barefoot and measuring tape clearing showing I was only 5 ft 7 1/2. And what do you know. It was thrown out

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Frankly I would have written the OP a ticket for simply using a word like "Termi" to describe his vehicle.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Once they amend it, simply write your check with an extra 2 dollars included. That way they will be confused and never cash it and the ticket will just fade away.

Termi-Addict

Established Member
Is it that hard to answer a question?..... I thought that was the purpose of this, is to ask something we were unsure of.*removed by moderator*

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
RDJ is absolutely correct, the ticket can be amended. This is one of those "Urban Myths/Legends" that seem to spread as gospel.

Is it that hard to answer a question?..... I thought that was the purpose of this, is to ask something we were unsure of. *removed by moderator*

Did you read the first answer or the one above? If you had you would see that the ticket can be amended and that your "defense" is simply an urban legend.

ASKED AND ANSWERED!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread