Wrong Gas

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
So I fill up today and look at the receipt later and it says regular. I could have sworn I hit super but whatever, if I do have regular what do you recommend is it still safe to drive or should I (siffen) sp? out the regular or just keep it out of boost for this tank.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I would drive real easy for awhile and add highest octane you can to keep topping off the tank

do a few times and you should be fine

it's difficult to siphon the fuel out....

Last edited:

blue88mustang

Established Member
You can pour a couple of bottles of 104+ Octane booster in and that should help with possible detonation problems. With a compression ratio of 8.5:1, you should have no problems as long as you STAY OUT OF BOOST.

Once you have driven about 30 miles or so, I would go to the gas station, pour in a bottle of octane booster and then fill up with some premium unleaded to mix it all around.

Even if you siphon the gas out, you will want to stay out of boost for a couple tank fulls until you are sure you have used up the lower octane fuel. Yeah, it may suck to putt around like a naturally aspirated V8 but it is better to be safe, rather than sorry.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Go buy one bottle of torco and pour it in. Drive for a few miles to allow it to mix. Problem solved.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
mosconiac said:
bottled "octane boost" will do nothing....unless you consider a 0.1-0.2 improvement significant.
I hope your not reffering to Torco.

palehorse

Established Member
I thought I did the same thing a while back and the consensus of who I spoke with on the matter said drive it easy (no boost) and drive it until it is dead empty before filling up again with premium.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
mosconiac said:
Absolutely not, I'm referencing those little bottles of ricer octane "boosters". Torco is an entirely different matter.
:thumbsup: I totally agree.

SpectorV

Established Member
I did this the night I got the car... just wasnt thinking... I only put 10 bucks in it and it hit me as I was leaving.. I just filled it the rest of the way up with premium and drove it easy.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Thanks guys I guess I will let it go down to empty and fill it just drive it easy and stay out of boost. Yeah that will be fun!

Users who are viewing this thread