wrong forum but oh well

00 white lightn

Established Member
i ran an srt-4 from a dig and i won by about 3 car lengths from 0-80 , got on the highway on a 70 roll and he pulled on me before i could downshift. I stayed with him but he had about 2 cars on me 70-90. He had an aftermarket blowoff valve, intercooler and catback with no mufflers if he had any other mods i am not sure. I didnt think those things pulled that hard up top. I have boost bypass, shorty headers, cold air, ftvb, 4 psi pulley, I know i shouldnt havce ran him ( havent had it tuned for the boost yet.) But i couldnt resist. He was a young kid, I would have to say 17-18 he said he liked my truck. I knew a highway roll wasnt a good race but oh well.

Last edited:

SVTxXxFreak6

TSAFE MOTHER****ER
Established Member
Lightning Aerodynamics = Fail lol

Those little skittles can be pretty stout on the top end if tuned properly. Next time think about your motor though before you throw some WOT runs without a tune.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Highway run + no tune + changed lower pully = rod snappage. I hear those Skittles can be pretty fast, but its still a neon :rollseyes:

00 white lightn

Established Member
Yeah, I am not going to run it hard anymore, i should be getting a tune within the next couple of weeks. How many degrees of timing would you guys run and what a/f ratio to be safe, I want to be a little conservative on the tune, is 11.8-12.0 a good range? and add 1 or 2 degrees timing to the tune?

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
They are really fast up top for sure. I raced a mid 12 second SRT-4 at the track and he was trapping 121 vs my 111 and low 12. I can thrash him at the track but from a 70 roll he'd kill me bad. Run them from a dig and if they only want to race from a roll just say OK, as long as we are both hauling a cord of firewood and pulling a trailer.

00 white lightn

Established Member
what does it take to get our trap speeds up to around 120 mph, it seems to me we make gobs more power over stock but we only go from trapping 100-105 to 110-115 mph and we go from 13.5-14.0 to 12.0-12.5 . I guess our weight and aero keeps us from seing big gains on the top end?

ViciousJay

Established Member
you really dont need a tune with a 4lber... this has been debated for years over at NLOC.net... i read and seen tons of people have driven without one... ive never heard of carnage with a 4lber on a stock eaton and no tune but its a good idea to still get a tune

Last edited:

00 white lightn

Established Member
i know i thought that too, because 3lb pulleys in the description say no tune needed, i mean its only 1psi more? my truck runs very very rich, i cant be leaned out that much. when i dyno'd it i was below 10.0 he couldnt even read it. i made 336, 408 stock is it possible to hit 380-400 rwhp with a 4psi pulley headers, cold air, boost bypass, catless midpipes. also does an x pipe do much for exaust sound quality or horse power

00 white lightn

Established Member
another thing i was wondering, do my 3.55's help me get traction on the line better than 3.73's ? my truck hooks like no other. I can torque brake it to 2000 rpm or so (not sure on exact rpm) and nail it. I never get wheel spin. Even with 35 psi in tires.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i know i thought that too, because 3lb pulleys in the description say no tune needed, i mean its only 1psi more? my truck runs very very rich, i cant be leaned out that much. when i dyno'd it i was below 10.0 he couldnt even read it. i made 336, 408 stock is it possible to hit 380-400 rwhp with a 4psi pulley headers, cold air, boost bypass, catless midpipes. also does an x pipe do much for exaust sound quality or horse power

xpipe? i wouldnt bother... just cut the stock 4 cats off and have a shop weld up to catted magnaflow cats and soem extra pipe... thats what i did and saved $$$

as for making 400 with your listed mods... it can be done easily but your need a tune to accomplish... Looke to Amazon or JJ

Users who are viewing this thread