wrench light

weemon2k2

Established Member
Was hoping someone could give me a clue as to what's going on with my car. I have a 2011 mustang GT auto. I got back from the shop last week after getting long tubes and off-road X pipe installed. On the way back the engine light came on. Pulled the code, it was cat related so I figured I'd put my new tune in. I got my SCT tuner and installed my bama tune. After the new tune was loaded, I shut the key off, and then started the vehicle. After a few seconds the wrench light came on. So I reinstalled the stock tune figuring maybe it was something wrong with the bama tune. Wrench light is still on with the oem tune. I did a visual inspection under the hood nothing looks out of place, throttlebody wires don't look like they've ever been touched, still plugged in tight. Air box cover was on properly too. Besides the wrench light I have some other symptoms. Doesn't feel as fast as it used to(maybe I'm getting used to it), and at wide open throttle in second gear it redlines early at 6000 RPMs and will not shift into 3rd, it will just bounce off the rev limiter. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Don't go wot on the car until you figure out what the problem is. Sounds like your user adjustables rpm limiter somehow got set to 6000. Call bama and have them send you another file. Tune may he corrupt. When you load tune, make sure to return to stock first, then load tune.

busarich

Established Member
I had the wrench light come on and it was because I forgot to connect the harness on the throttle body.

weemon2k2

Established Member
I just got a p0960. Hopefully it's something simply like my mechanic forgot to connect a harness or pinched a wire while he was working. I'm going to bring it back and see what they can find.

AMDanBailer

Was hoping someone could give me a clue as to what's going on with my car. I have a 2011 mustang GT auto. I got back from the shop last week after getting long tubes and off-road X pipe installed. On the way back the engine light came on. Pulled the code, it was cat related so I figured I'd put my new tune in. I got my SCT tuner and installed my bama tune. After the new tune was loaded, I shut the key off, and then started the vehicle. After a few seconds the wrench light came on. So I reinstalled the stock tune figuring maybe it was something wrong with the bama tune. Wrench light is still on with the oem tune. I did a visual inspection under the hood nothing looks out of place, throttlebody wires don't look like they've ever been touched, still plugged in tight. Air box cover was on properly too. Besides the wrench light I have some other symptoms. Doesn't feel as fast as it used to(maybe I'm getting used to it), and at wide open throttle in second gear it redlines early at 6000 RPMs and will not shift into 3rd, it will just bounce off the rev limiter. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your car, I'm sure it is frustrating to say the least.

It is not a bad idea to have your mechanic take a quick peak at it to see if something is out of the ordinary. As mentioned, often times when the wrench light comes on it is something minor like a vaccum line or sensor.

However, if everything appears ordianary, give our Bama team a call right away. It could be something in the tune that was lost in translation or missed during the coding process. If this is the case, it should be a relatively simple fix and I'm confident they can get it taken care of and get your car back to perfect.

I hope this helps, and by all means if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with myself or our Bama team.

-Dan

weemon2k2

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Found an electrical connector to the transmission was not tight. Tightened the connection, cleared the codes, and I haven't gotten any lights yet.

Users who are viewing this thread