Wrecked.....

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
Well guys, I had a Chevy or GMC pull out from a 7-11 right in front of me as I was slowing to make a turn. I hit him in his door and hit my head on my wheel. I got out the truck to check out the damage and the douchebag fled. I didn't get a plate number because I was kind of out of it, but the clerk at 7-11 said he was definitely under the influence of something. He saw the whole thing happen, but after waiting for the cops for well over an hour I drove her home and called in for a police report the following day. I had a migraine the next day and slept alot more than usual, but I'm fine now. The truck on the other hand has about $4-$5k of damages quoted by three shops. I'm waiting on my insurance to send out an adjuster and see how quickly I can get this fixed. It all seems to be cosmetic, but there is one thing that is worrying me....the bed has shifted over about an inch and my alignment is wayyyyyyy off. I doubt it's enough to be totalled, but the frame being tweaked has me concerned. No need for a ton of pics, so here's one with the bumper cover and bumper still on. It's my DD so I'm driving with no front bumper til I have to take her in and rent something.

mail-7.jpg

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Damn, that really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. Sadly, from the sounds of it, the low life douche who fled most likely didn't have insurance anyways, but it's the principle at this point. It doesn't look too bad from the pics, but keep in mind the front end is where the majority of the "crumple zones" are located. Hope everything ends up ok.

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
crazy thing is I wasn't going any faster than 20 or so. I was already on my brake because I was going to turn...then CRUNCH!!!

naw, they'll never find the guy. I have lost all faith in the citizens of this city after my last ordeal with thieves.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Yeah i was just going to say go back to the 7-11 and see if they have cameras and ask if you can look at them. might get the guys plate thru the window. Hell even a partial plate will be better than nothing

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
sorry to hear that man... i had something close to that happen when i had mine. drunk ran a red light and t boned me and kept going but i had her plate... not just her tag number i had the damn plate cuz it fell off when she hit me

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
sorry to hear that man... I had something close to that happen when i had mine. Drunk ran a red light and t boned me and kept going but i had her plate... Not just her tag number i had the damn plate cuz it fell off when she hit me
lol haha

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
I called, but no cameras outside. One thing my friend suggested, but may be difficult to track was if they used a credit card at the 711.

Adjuster is on his way....lord please let him be a Ford Fan!!!

NSSVT

Established Member
hope it turns out good for you. i hate people that are like the idiot that pulled out in front of you. no morals! anyway good luck with the adjuster, and i hope he's a ford fan as well.

Users who are viewing this thread