Wrecked the Cobra!

streetknight2

Established Member
I wrecked my GN a few years ago when the MT Drag Radials first came out. It is a crap shoot though.

I'm guilty myself, but I guess it should be a :nono:

svt2ner

Established Member
People will never learn , sucks about the car though. Those are old style bfg drags.

Vmnous285

Established Member
Here is where I hit.
DSC00503.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
The glass is half full in this case. The damage is very very light. Easily less than 5K in damage. I can't even count how many people I know who have wrecked their cars on DRs let alone all the hundreds of threads where guys wrecked on this foum.

DRs should be on a separate pair of wheels for times when you know you need the extra traction.

Ralo

Established Member
At least you can get a better than factory paint job now.

Fat-cat

Established Member
sorry to hear that man..

LOL at all the people that say Dr's are bad in the rain. I drive my MT's in the rain all the time at 40-60 MPH and i have no problem at all if they feel like they are going to kick out get off the gas .. pretty simple . Just need to learn how to drive in less then sunny conditions. Try driving on snow and ice for 6 months of the year

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Sorry.. At least you still have ten fingers and ten toes.

Terminator theme song..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE"]YouTube - Queen - 'Another One Bites the Dust'[/ame]
Jeff

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Another Darwin award winner. Driving in the rain with Drag Radials.
Drag radials weren't the cause of the accident - the cause was driving too fast for conditions.

How is it that I've driven nearly 85,000 miles on Nitto 315 DR's over the past several years, in all kinds of weather and downpours and have NEVER once had a problem, or even came close to losing the rear end of the car. They perform just fine in the rain so long as you know to slow it down when there looks to be standing water on the road and/or with tires that have low tread depth.

How much tread depth was on the tires? They look pretty worn, and they're BFG's - not as safe in the wet as the Nitto's - BFG's tread pattern isn't nearly as effective at channeling the water away from the center.

Last edited:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Drag radials weren't the cause of the accident - the cause was driving too fast for conditions.

How is it that I've driven nearly 85,000 miles on Nitto 315 DR's over the past several years, in all kinds of weather and downpours and have NEVER once had a problem, or even came close to losing the rear end of the car. They perform just fine in the rain so long as you know to slow it down when there looks to be standing water on the road and/or low tread depth.

How much tread depth was on the tires?

also he didnt know it was going to rain it came out of no where when he was driving.....i was going to say the same thing but in this case wasent really stupidity just bad luck

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
But that's still not a good excuse, so it came out of nowhere - it's raining, now slow down - slow to a creep if you have to, it sucks but it might have been necessary with those worn out BFG's.

I'm such a jerk :D

Vmnous285

Established Member
But that's still not a good excuse, so it came out of nowhere - it's raining, now slow down - slow to a creep if you have to, it sucks but it might have been necessary with those worn out BFG's.

I'm such a jerk :D

I slowed down as much as i could at the time with out getting run over i was trying to get to the exit so i could get off and chill til it passed, but in 5:00 traffic its hard to do that sometimes. Looking back now you can say alot of things until you are there.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
sorry to hear that man..

LOL at all the people that say Dr's are bad in the rain. I drive my MT's in the rain all the time at 40-60 MPH and i have no problem at all if they feel like they are going to kick out get off the gas .. pretty simple . Just need to learn how to drive in less then sunny conditions. Try driving on snow and ice for 6 months of the year

+1000

I have never felt unsafe on DR's in the ran. It is funny to read some of your guys responses like Driving DR's in the rain is a guaranteed crash. Makes me think some of you guys have never driven in really bad weather before. If you go a reasonable speed and use caution you are fine on DR's.

But sorry to here OP, at least it can be fixed.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
+1000

I have never felt unsafe on DR's in the ran. It is funny to read some of your guys responses like Driving DR's in the rain is a guaranteed crash. Makes me think some of you guys have never driven in really bad weather before. If you go a reasonable speed and use caution you are fine on DR's.

But sorry to here OP, at least it can be fixed.

+1 thats why i laugh sometimes at all the guys that swear never to take their car out in bad weather conditions. They are usually the one to crash. Ive driven my car in snow, ice, slush for about 20 miles of turns, stops etc and i drove home fine. :shrug:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member

How is it that I've driven nearly 85,000 miles on Nitto 315 DR's over the past several years, in all kinds of weather and downpours and have NEVER once had a problem, or even came close to losing the rear end of the car. They perform just fine in the rain so long as you know to slow it down when there looks to be standing water on the road and/or with tires that have low tread depth.

How much tread depth was on the tires? They look pretty worn, and they're BFG's - not as safe in the wet as the Nitto's - BFG's tread pattern isn't nearly as effective at channeling the water away from the center.

Why is it in every one of these threads I see the same post by you?

To the OP...sucks man. Hope it all gets fixed quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread