Wrecked the Cobra....

drptitan

Established Member
Well friday night I was leaving my girlfriends house and it was still early so I was gonna take the long way around and do a little cruising. Exited 1960 off 45 and headed east on 1960. I get through the first coule lights and this guy in this probe gt is trying to mess with me. Knowing better I gave him no attention, and continued on. I switch lanes to the far left lane and am just minding my own when the the truck in front of me slams on his brakes and came to an abrupt stop. I stopped shy of him and the next thing I know the guy in the probe slammed into the back of me probably going bout 30mph. As a reaction the being hit so hard I got ahoved under the truck in front of me. The truck had no rear bumper so the frame of his truck did work on my front end!!

Damage in pics does not look as bad as in person and lets just say I was pissed to say the least. The hood no longer shuts, cracked in 14 places and is destroyed. The heat exchanger is busted and barly hanging on, radiator is bent along with the main crossmember the holds the radiator in. The front bumper has 1 giant hole and several smaller ones. The rear bumper has a crack across the entire top along with several smaller holes. The deck lid is crack and now to top it off the rearend is making noise too. My check engine light is on also say something bout the fuel system.

Sorry long post but I needed to get that out. I hope it all gets worked out and back up the prestine car it used to be.

Any thoughts or body shops would be appriciated too.:blue:

Robb

0418082308.jpg

0418082309.jpg

0418082309a.jpg

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
wow sorry to hear that. at least its not totaled. i thought you were gonna post pics of it upside down and totaled. lol.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
WOW......why did the guy in the truck stop?

At any rate I hope the probe genius has good insurance. Get that s#$% to a shop ASAP. Sounds like you have some serious problems. Hope it turns out ok.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Oh man, your car is soo clean that sucks man. What happened with the guy in the probe? Hope you gave him a good beating! jk.

Abilene06speed

Formerly Abilene01stang
Established Member
That sucks man...good luck with the repairs. Why is a probe trying to mess with you??????

drptitan

Established Member
Ya the guy in the probe is at fault and recieved a ticket at the scene. I hope all is fixed and it gets back to the prestine car it was.

What do yall think of doing the HO fiberglass cowl??

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
The fuel problem may be a roll sensor or something....I know its right there in your trunk, unplug the thing with the red button on it and plug it back in and make sure the red button is pressed down. And maybe check your FPDM. All that is in the trunk on the left. Sorry to hear it. Good luck.

drptitan

Established Member
That sucks man...good luck with the repairs. Why is a probe trying to mess with you??????

Haha I have no idea, him just being dumb I guess.

I was shaking so bad from being pissed lucky my buddy was there to keep me from kicking the shit out of him!!:nonono:

drptitan

Established Member
The fuel problem may be a roll sensor or something....I know its right there in your trunk, unplug the thing with the red button on it and plug it back in and make sure the red button is pressed down. And maybe check your FPDM. All that is in the trunk on the left. Sorry to hear it. Good luck.

Ya it tripped the shock sensor and I reset that and it started right up but its throwing a 0190 code too.

97on22s

Established Member
ho fibertrends hoods are probaly the best built hood you could buy take little to no work before being painted and look damn good.

i bought a vis fiberglass 3" for a diff look after selling my 4" ho fibertrends

sorry about the accident

drptitan

Established Member
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your car man.:eek:
damn probe gt:cuss:

Ya I feel the same, it was imaculate before....

Kinda funny though if you think bout it, I got probed in the rear.... Made me laugh when my buddy was trying to keep me from getting real on that guy.

kingcobra10

SVT God... Snarf
Established Member
Ya I feel the same, it was imaculate before....

Kinda funny though if you think bout it, I got probed in the rear.... Made me laugh when my buddy was trying to keep me from getting real on that guy.

not to mention the wheels on your car look kick ass.

and that was pretty funny

Users who are viewing this thread