Wrecked my Cobra - Need Help

pgpony

Established Member
I'm torqued!!!

I spent most of my weekend installing a set of headers and H-Pipe on my 93 Cobra. I took my dad for a ride after getting it together and ran over a piece of metal that laying in the road. The metal flew up and dented my rear fender.

I am not a body man, so can anyone give me an idea about what it is going to take to repair this??? What should I expect it to cost?http://home.comcast.net/~tkemmerling/DSC00063.JPG

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Ouch, but i thought it was going to be worse when you said 'wrecked'. Did that go all the way through? It looks like it took a chunk out of it. Not sure on how much you are looking at, just hope you dont need to replace your fender.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Can't imagine you'd have to replace the fender. At worst, a metal patch would have to be welded in to fill the hole.

Looks like it made it all the way through, if so, I would guess in the $500-$1000 range. If it didn't go all the way through, I would guess in the $500 range.

pgpony

Established Member
Got an estimate today and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was quoted a price of $375 which I think is reasonable.

I'm still upset that I have to run over someone else's junk. Yeah well, I guess those things happen.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Buddy ran over a cinder block as he was going around a corner in town. Put a small dent in his subframe connector, that was all. Was very lucky he had subframe connectors, or he prob. would have had a dented door.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would say $500, but no more than $750. Shop around for the best bodyshop and the best price.

Users who are viewing this thread