Wrecked cobra

03terminat0r

Established Member
Driving on the interstate at 45mph because of my drag radials, spun out in the right lane crossed all three lanes then got hit and spun onto the side of the road which was tilted causing me to bottom out. The front drivers side was hit which is the most damage.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Driving on the interstate at 45mph because of my drag radials, spun out in the right lane crossed all three lanes then got hit and spun onto the side of the road which was tilted causing me to bottom out. The front drivers side was hit which is the most damage.

Well that just sucks.
Good that you are OK.
Why were the DRs at fault at 45mph?
Were you driving in the rain?
Send the pics to me and I will post them for you.

[email protected]

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
It's a little late now, but it's common knowledge of that drag radials aren't safe at 45mph in the rain... Assuming that it was raining. Sorry about the car.

03terminat0r

Established Member
It was raining pretty hard. I've driven in the rain before carefully but this time I just lost it. I've been meaning to get new 315's but street tires that big run $500 a piece. The tread was worn down a lot which didn't help. Car had mostly bolt ons putting 491 hp to the rear wheels and 460 lbs of torque. Just hope it looks like it used to.

SlowSVT

Established Member
It was raining pretty hard. I've driven in the rain before carefully but this time I just lost it. I've been meaning to get new 315's but street tires that big run $500 a piece. The tread was worn down a lot which didn't help. Car had mostly bolt ons putting 491 hp to the rear wheels and 460 lbs of torque. Just hope it looks like it used to.

Mmmmmm, a 500 hp nose heavy Terminator riding on fat DR's in the rain. We know how this movie ends :nonono:

Driving "carefully" in the rain on DR's will do little to prevent the car from hydroplaning into a guardrail or worse. It more like a "roll of the dice" and your odd's worsen as the tread wears so now you have learned the hard way and wrecked your call all because of a poor tire choice. This is something you will kicking yourself in the ass for years to come and it's likely you won't be buying DR's anytime soon.

How bad is the damage? Pics! Hopefully you can get the car repaired without too much fuss. Sorry about you mis-hap.

This is my second post today regarding a wreck :cryying:

03terminat0r

Established Member
I have pics I just don't know how to post them. The front left side panel got the most damage but idk about underneath the car when I bottomed out. I just hope it'll look alright when it's repaired.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I have pics I just don't know how to post them. The front left side panel got the most damage but idk about underneath the car when I bottomed out. I just hope it'll look alright when it's repaired.

You need a web photo hosting site and then link it to your post with a command line that will look like this:

93CobraRcaliperson041.jpg[B][COLOR="red"]

cut and paste the link and type in what is shown in red at both ends.

03terminat0r

Established Member
Could I send them to you if you don't mind and post them while I try and figure it out

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Would the op be included in your "death to careless drivers" comment in the other thread or does that only apply to non cobra drivers?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...car-show-turned-out-bad-day.html#post12072611

Mmmmmm, a 500 hp nose heavy Terminator riding on fat DR's in the rain. We know how this movie ends :nonono:

Driving "carefully" in the rain on DR's will do little to prevent the car from hydroplaning into a guardrail or worse. It more like a "roll of the dice" and your odd's worsen as the tread wears so now you have learned the hard way and wrecked your call all because of a poor tire choice. This is something you will kicking yourself in the ass for years to come and it's likely you won't be buying DR's anytime soon.

How bad is the damage? Pics! Hopefully you can get the car repaired without too much fuss. Sorry about you mis-hap.

This is my second post today regarding a wreck :cryying:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Sorry to hear what happened but at the same time it's what you get with bald tires in rain. Drag radials are even worse. Even when new they don't channel water like a normal street tire. The roads are terrible in LA (lower Alabama). So many deep puddles. You can hydroplane at 20 mph if the puddle is deep enough and the tires are bald. Wide tires hydroplane the easiest. All of these conditions were against you.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
No, this was self inflicted. As you dutifully pointed out on that thread it was the owners fault not someone driving recklessly. This post belongs in the "When mods bite back" thread.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread