wrecked car

GTBill

Established Member
my car got backed into about a month ago. it wasn't serious damage, just the door got crumpled it. got a new door, everything is fine.

except:

about every 5th start all the gauges will max out, hold it for a second then go back down to zero, then finally read right...same thing that happens during "gauge" in the diagnostic check mode.

why is it doing this? everything in the car is back to normal except that. i hooked my buddies x-cal2 up to it a couple of times and i'm not throwing any codes. wtf?

thanks for any advice.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
My 2001 Expedition does the same thing about every forth or fifth start too! Never been wrecked, and has no issues other than that oddity!

I haven't worried about it since they always return to normal, and it only does it during the cold winter months! Been doing it though for 3 years!

I just figured it's the cold (like teens and colder) playing on it!

GTBill

Established Member
well im in south texas so it def. is not the cold..i test drove this one mustang a long time ago that was wrecked, had a junk yard rear end, flooded and the brakes were locked up!! it did the same thing, im just wondering wtf it is, it's weird how no codes came up on the SCT. im thinking about asking my local performance shop about it

thanks for the info guys

rushonerok

Established Member
this happens to me also. I've never been in an accident. I think it just happens when your turn the car on and the computer must be running some kind of diagnostic to make sure everything is OK. My car runs perfect so I don't think it is something to worry about.

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
My stang did that to and it was the battery shitten the bed so maybe its related to that on yours....

99 GT

Established Member
Mine has been doing that now, every time i start the car for the past 3 weeks. I called for since i replaced the battery only a year ago, and he said he could be the alternator thats going out.

Fast Willy

Established Member
I might have something to do with the computer resetting it self. you can do this manually by turning the ignition on and off three times in a row. I'm not saying thats what this is but I do know it does have to do with the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread