Wrecked car help

dannyf

Established Member
Well I got side swiped by a z06 today on the highway and he put us both into the woods, I'm waiting to find out if my car is a total loss and was just wondering if it is how do I go about taking the good aftermarketparts off and put stock back on. Is it even worth it? The only parts that would be good would be the intake exhaust and maybe the springs.

PC03GT

Established Member
It depends on what you got in it. The main thing is you have to send it to a body shop that you've dealt with before. They can strip all your aftermarket stuff of and return it to stock. You have to figure all this stuff out fast because the insurance company we'll be trying to take your car and they don't give a **** about what parts you have in it.

PC03GT

Established Member
If you're planning on buying the same car again try to save your parts, so you don't have to buy that shit again.

dannyf

Established Member
03gt the car is sitting in a wrecking yard right now, the vette drivers insurance company isnt even open on sundays so idk when they plan on sending an adjuster out.
Bmoney there may be more to the story but the moral of the story is vette drivers suck.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Let me guess you were street racing and he came into you and took you both out...who was winning at the time? You should Hope they total it out, then you can put your order in for a 2015 gt.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Hopefully it's not in the wrecking yard yet--tow yard maybe? Unless you have a friend or another car to put the parts on they will most likely sit in your garage. Show the receipts and you might get reimbursed--talk to your agent and get some advice.

95_Slowbra

Established Member
Following for the money man. This will be a good one. I wanna hear all the details. Hope everything works out for the best man. Nobody wants to be without their pride and joy(s).

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

muchv8wow

Established Member
None of us were born yesterday, you were street racing and got ****ed by the z06. Face the consequences like a man, luckily you will get most of your money back for the car, just learn your lesson.

iSpencerPro

Established Member
^ that doesn't help him at all... so why even post it?

I personally haven't been in a wreck and had to go retrieve parts, but my friend has. He was able to go to the wrecking yard and pull off the parts he wanted of his car by showing them the receipt and saying hey that's still my car and those are my parts. Was able to take off his coil overs and rims and cf trunk. This was for a miata that was totalled but I'd think it's still a similiar process.

95_Slowbra

Established Member
Man be sure to work with the insurance company. After showing them receipts for my totaled 95 GTS. They gave me a go ahead to pull the D1SC and heads intake and a lot of other misc to use on my 95 cobra. To later do take-backsies and subtract the parts value from the pay out. So it went from a 6,000$ payout to a 1,788$. Most like to flip totaled cars at auctions to make money back. They said I would of been fine if I replaced what I took with what was stock.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Take the loss on the parts and count your blessings. You may want to avoid posting on the internet until there is resolution to the wreck. Looks like you may need a lawyer.............this will not end well...........

Tyler72

Established Member
You can take aftermarket parts off, but you have to replace them with the stock parts or they will deduct that from your payout.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
03gt the car is sitting in a wrecking yard right now, the vette drivers insurance company isnt even open on sundays so idk when they plan on sending an adjuster out.
Bmoney there may be more to the story but the moral of the story is vette drivers suck.

Ahh not all Vette drivers suck - I would like to hear the story as well.

Accidents happen that is why we have insurance - sorry to hear about the mishap

CSG

Established Member
Once I knew my truck was totaled I told the insurance company that I planned to replace all aftermarket parts with stock parts. I did this at the tow lot. I had to replace all parts with the stock parts.

Users who are viewing this thread