Wrecked 93 Cobra pricing?

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
My neighbor wrecked his 03 awhile back, and bought it back to re-sell. It's got around 110k miles, and got hit in the front. radiator and front end is trashed, but the doors back is fine. The motor/trans is also fine. It's teal with grey leather, sunroof, and the CD player, though that doesn't work. Any ideas on what he can get?

Edit: forgot to mention, even though it was hit in front, all 4 wheels are good.

Last edited:

stangkid

Established Member
Now what year is it in the title you say its a 93 but in the post you say it is an 03?

svt2205

Established Member
"Teal" color, I'd say the "03" was only a typo....

no idea what wrecked Cobra's are worth... But I bet he can get more than you think....

stangbear427

Established Member
Depending on whether or not it's "totaled", it may be worth more parted out. If the engine is fine, it sounds like all it needs is a new front clip which is relatively simple for a seasoned body man. If it's in pristine shape (besides the accident of course) and this is the case, I wouldn't be surprised if he can get $5k+ for it... that is, as long as the title is still clean. Once it's been totaled, it can be hard to get what it may really be worth no matter how well it's repaired, stupid as that is.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
lots of miles on the drivetrain. shoulda just kept the insurance money

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Yeah, sorry, it's a 93. Insurance paid him nicely and he figured he'd buy back the car and make a couple bucks off of it, and maybe get a few more Cobras rolling again.

carguy19

Established Member
Parting The Car Out And Then Selling It As A Roller Would Be The Most Profitable Way.

Someone Would Take A Roller And Turn It Into A Racecar With A Tube Front End And A Cobra Body. I Bet That He'd Get Tons Of People Interested In This.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
hey i saw on corral earlier a guy was looking to buy a 93 cobra TEAL hatch, said was willing to travel and pay good money for it.... i'd check it out :)

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I think he'll be better off selling it as a whole car, even if he has to front clip it. 110k is nothing, and the only things on the car that are worth more than a regular 5.0 are the ground effects and wheels and spoiler.

Put that puppy back together again and drive the snot out of it. :)

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Not really. Unless someone is looking for an authentic Cobra motor/tranny to put in a roller, they aren't worth much more than stock stuff.

Intake, MAF, TB are all easily found on ebay or anywhere else.

Heads aren't really that much of an upgrade any more. People just don't run out there looking for a "cobra" motor like they do for the terminators, for obvious reason.

Tranny is virtually identical.

Interior is standard 5.0. Rearend is nice for the rear disc, but the same setup can be found on tbird turbo coupes and super coupes.

Ground effects are the most sought after pieces besides the wheels. And since there are now repro wheels out there, prices on them have dropped substantially.

Other than that, everything is standard 5.0 (I'm sure I missed a piece or two here and there).

asperformance

Banned
You all kill me, Nothing about this car is the same as a 5.0, as stated above, has Different heads intake TB MAF, Bigger Injectors, Computer is Different, Has 4 lug disc rear, Front Rotors are Different, as is the Brake booster Perportioning valve, Has different cam as well. The body has different skirts on it as well as wing, oh and don't forget the tail lights. The trans is way different than a Gt or 5.0, I could go on and on but you all get the picture, these cars are much more than a GT or any 5.0, otherwise they wouldn't have there own web site. Not to mention Grill insert wheels, Different steering wheel, No cruise, their are plenty more parts than just a few. Hell the shifter is even different.

Users who are viewing this thread