Wow....

Rochard

Established Member
How do you think this will affect the automobile industry? I'm guessing this stuff will end up on our dash on the the rear of the car.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:MPK_Co%27s_Litroenergy

Litroenergy is a new type of material that emits light for 12 years without needing electricity or sun exposure. The self-luminous micro-particles are called Litrospheres and are said to be non-toxic and inexpensive. The light is said to be equivalent to a 20 watt incandescent bulb (lumens please?).

The litrospheres give off a continuous illumination, and can be designed to glow in any color. They can be injection molded or added to paint. The company that invented the material, MPK Co., predicts that first applications of Litroenergy will be in safety equipment such as safety tape and life rafts. Currently, the cost to light up a 8 ½ x 11 piece of plastic 1/8” thick is about 35 cents.

Bike_MPK_glowpaint_crop_300.jpg

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i really dont see it making a huge impact at all if they cant control it. it would be kinda cool to have glowing seats and all, but i would probably want to turn them off too. i like my cockpit dim at night, keep the guages nice and low so its not so bright. its cool stuff, no doubt, but dont see it having that big of an impact really. now this will have a huge impact:
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/07/autoline-on-autoblog-with-john-mcelroy/
be sure to follow the link and watch the demonstration video, its very amazing stuff!

Pavement

Looking for a Cobra
Established Member
I can see it now. At least we'll be able to identify ricers from farther away.....

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
Actually, it would be very beneficial in automobiles. Every control switch and knob that requires backlighting right now could use this stuff. This would equate to a considerable savings for automakers in materials alone (bulbs and associated wiring). I'm guessing Sylvania, and GE are sweating this stuff just a little.

Users who are viewing this thread