WOW!!! That made my day.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Well I went to Starbucks to study for a while this morning because I've got some big exams coming up and I'm trying not to procrastinate. After that I decided to get a few things for dinner at Whole Foods so I can make a big dinner for me and few buddies before our studyathon (I know, lame but I've got to do well). Anyway, as I'm leaving I see a late model Mustang GT (not one of the newer ones, just before that) that had a good sounding exhaust. We pulled up to the stop light in the right hand (turn on red) lane. We both pull out and as I come up on the Mustang I have to say, it's the best looking GT I've ever seen. Very tasteful exhaust, gun metal SVT wheels and awesome Baer brakes. No wing and a little bit of tint, this thing was gorgeous. As I get along side I look over and notice, A HOT BLONDE IS DRIVING!!!! NICE!!!! I waved and gave her a thumbs up and she smiled and waved back. I rev matched to about 45mph in 3rd and I heard the sound of her exhaust perk up and she instantly got on it. She got a jump on me so I floored mine and got into boost. Caught her by the end of 3rd and pulled a car or two ahead then we both shut down. The whole thing lasted about 25 seconds tops. I suspect had a bunch of bolt-ons and thats about it. It was quick though (I'd say mid 12s are def. possible) I knew I'd win but it was good to run such a nice car. She was nice, smiled and waved and I did the same. We both went our seperate ways.

Made my day. What a gorgeous car and another good run in with a Mustang owner. You guys are a pleasant crowd, I've only had one bad experience in all my races. You fill a good demographic I guess. Also good to see people other than hippy hybrid owners and soccer mom SUV drivers shop at Whole Foods.

CSWEDE02GT

Love my Mach
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
Well I went to Starbucks to study for a while this morning because I've got some big exams coming up and I'm trying not to procrastinate. After that I decided to get a few things for dinner at Whole Foods so I can make a big dinner for me and few buddies before our studyathon (I know, lame but I've got to do well). Anyway, as I'm leaving I see a late model Mustang GT (not one of the newer ones, just before that) that had a good sounding exhaust. We pulled up to the stop light in the right hand (turn on red) lane. We both pull out and as I come up on the Mustang I have to say, it's the best looking GT I've ever seen. Very tasteful exhaust, gun metal SVT wheels and awesome Baer brakes. No wing and a little bit of tint, this thing was gorgeous. As I get along side I look over and notice, A HOT BLONDE IS DRIVING!!!! NICE!!!! I waved and gave her a thumbs up and she smiled and waved back. I rev matched to about 45mph in 3rd and I heard the sound of her exhaust perk up and she instantly got on it. She got a jump on me so I floored mine and got into boost. Caught her by the end of 3rd and pulled a car or two ahead then we both shut down. The whole thing lasted about 25 seconds tops. I suspect had a bunch of bolt-ons and thats about it. It was quick though (I'd say mid 12s are def. possible) I knew I'd win but it was good to run such a nice car. She was nice, smiled and waved and I did the same. We both went our seperate ways.

Made my day. What a gorgeous car and another good run in with a Mustang owner. You guys are a pleasant crowd, I've only had one bad experience in all my races. You fill a good demographic I guess. Also good to see people other than hippy hybrid owners and soccer mom SUV drivers shop at Whole Foods.

NICE KILL!!! :thumbsup:

I'm sure you've been asked a million times already but what do you drive? Whatever it is it must be a hella nice ride.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Subaru STi with a GT35. Full supporting mods and Ohlins suspension. To much to list really. I don't list it because I feel others seem to draw generalizations. It's japanese but not ricetastic.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
Your car aint rice man, your car kicks ass. What kind of numbers and times do u put down with that beast? Nice kill man, and post up some pics if you could, peace

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Insomnia said:
a subaru isnt japanese its australian unless all production is done in japan?

Believe it or not and contrary to Subaru marketing, the car is made completely in Japan. It's produced by Fuji Heavy Industries and is considered as much a part of Japan as a Cobra is American.

SVTCOBRAKID said:
Your car aint rice man, your car kicks ass. What kind of numbers and times do u put down with that beast? Nice kill man, and post up some pics if you could, peace?

tactical.gif

There you go. I put the stock OEM STi wing back on some times. I'm putting the full S203 body on it by summer and changing everything to carbon. It dynoed at 410 awhp on 93 octane and conservative daily driver tune. My next move is a C16 and methanol injection tune which I expect to make around 550 awhp on. By this time next year I hope to have a 2.8 sleeved and blueprinted Crawford engine in and be running sub 10s. The car is actually set up for auto-cross. Like I've said before, if I wanted quarter times I'd be driving a Cobra if not a new Z06. It does get into some dirt occasionally but after the new body comes those days are over. Once college is over and I'm a little more established I'll get an exotic but for now this will have to do. My best time is an 11.2 but lately I've been running mid 11s. I posted my mid 11 time slips a while back. I didn't realize the blonde was going jump on the go pedal so quick otherwise I would have spooled the turbo sooner. Had a done that the race would have been over very quickly. Either way her car (or her boyfriends) was gorgeous. If they'd have made an 05 Cobra that's what I'd be driving now.

Last edited:

TacticalKaos

Established Member
ChrisUlrich said:
11.2 seems like a hefty drag racer to me.

Only by chance, that's so exotics don't pull to hard on the straight aways. The RUF Gt12 runs 10s but is set up for something far from drag racing.

CSWEDE02GT

Love my Mach
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
Subaru STi with a GT35. Full supporting mods and Ohlins suspension. To much to list really. I don't list it because I feel others seem to draw generalizations. It's japanese but not ricetastic.

That is an awesome ride for sure. My buddy just sold his so he can begin his search for another Supra- He regrets it now, but mostly cuz he's still walking!! LOL

again- very nice kill and sweet ride!!

TacticalKaos

Established Member
WizardsCobra said:
Thats a sweet ride man.
I really wanted an STI when I bought my Cobra but I still feel for me I made the right choice.

Yeah, I had to prioritize. I'm in college so one car as all that is possible right now, needed something that can drive in all weather and 4 doors is a pretty big plus. I'll still always yearn for KB or Whippled and sprayed 04 Cobra Coupe in black. I'm happy with it though, it gets the job done and has a pretty good heritage I think. I'm going to the WRC race in Japan in September, should be fun.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
openaccount said:
You could consider the sti german too since porsche was a lead developer of the 4cyl boxer engine.

Very true. You're absolutely right. The boxer engine was the reason I didn't get an EVO. The EJ25 will become a wicked engine once people figure it's idiosyncracies out.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
I'm going to the WRC race in Japan in September, should be fun.
Dude thats awesome. I love watching the WRC. Make sure you tons of pictures over there. My Buddy has a car a lot like your with the GT35 turbo. His is only making 350awhp. Not really sure what all else he has done other then that a turbo upgrade and front mount intercooler. But I loved the ride he took me on in his car.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Awesome ride Bro (i love STI's) dont ever be ashamed to list your Mods... All these guys in here are cool as hell, i mean yea you might get your balls busted by one or two, but look at me/ i drive a SVTF, and they never harped on me... (and you have triple the car i have) THEY RESPECT ALL POWER!!!!!!!! BTW i love the high Factory hood scoupe on those cars... nice kill (did you get her #?)

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

Deftones

Established Member
Nice ride man, I like STI's pretty powerfull for a 4 cyl. and they launch like a mad dog on all fours. Good kill. Ricetastic thats pretty funny man. You have a sweet ride though.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
I could list mods for a while. I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag. Most of the stuff on it is all APS.

APS 3.5'' turbo back, turbo manifold, up-pipe, intake, fuel rails and tumbler delete valves. Perrin 850 cc injectors with a SARD 280lph fuel pump. Signal radiator shroud and ARC titanium alternator covers(bling mods). Tranny wise I'm running an EXEDY twin plate clutch and all Motul fluids. The big numbers come from GT35r (ceremic coated exhaust housing) going through an APS 750 series intercooler (soon to be an ARC core). That's about all I can think of for now.

Users who are viewing this thread