Wow someone wanted these BAD!

WillyB93

Established Member
You never know??? It may sell I wouldn't want to pay that price for them.

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
Due to the shady bidding on the last one I figured it was the same pair being listed by the "new" seller at a discount, lol. Doesn't appear to be the same pair though, these are in better shape judging by the pics. Location is different too but that doesn't mean much. Bet the guy who paid over $2k for the last ones is pissed right about now.

Someone putting a car back to 100% stock might buy them at that price but they better have a real low mileage car. Even at car shows you see the 60's-70's stock cars with aftermarket exhaust because the sound is just too good. They may have stock exhaust at home but they never want to put them back on. Lets face it, our cars sound like poo with the stock exhaust too.

buddha93

Established Member
I think this seller caught wind of the last auction and is trying to cash in on his set. You would think the last guy who got outbid with his $2k+ bid would be all over this set. I'm sure for the right price, the seller would ship them. I still bet they don't do anything.

I'm hedging my bets that last action doens't materialize into any real transaction.

buddha93

Established Member
The "local pick-up only" limits the market on those.

If someone really wanted them, I promise that seller would ship them. For close to a $2k asking price, I'm sure somehow those parts would make it onto a UPS/FedEx truck.;-)

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
For sure, for the right price sellers will ship if you do the legwork and have the cash.

Question is who wants them that bad? When they were at $300, I thought they were starting to get expensive and then they jumped to $2k? Ouch!

20yrs from now, would you put the stock exhaust on your car and roll around with no rumble? Not 4 me unless you have a concourse car. I drive mine so i'm out, lol.

buddha93

Established Member
Looks like I was wrong as the latest set has sold too. Looks like the demand is there for these right now.

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
What did they sell for i didn't keep track of the sale?

Speedfreek

Established Member
I got 3 sets with hpipes. I paid 600 for all a few years back figuring one day they would be worth some change but didnt figure they would be bringing that this quickly. What will they bring 20 years from now when people are really restoring these cars?

buddha93

Established Member
I got 3 sets with hpipes. I paid 600 for all a few years back figuring one day they would be worth some change but didnt figure they would be bringing that this quickly. What will they bring 20 years from now when people are really restoring these cars?

Ah, you were the one. I knew it was one of the regulars on the board. Silly, isn't it.

It's really hard saying what they'll do in 20 years. I'm not even sure what these cars are going to do in 20 years..........seems to be a lull in the demand/market. Only time will tell. I'd hold out.;-)

I will say though, it's hard to say if either of these transactions where completed. I've seen no feedback on the first sale as of yet, so I question that. I know I've sold thing in the past and never recieved feedback, but with such a large dollar amount, you'd think it would be there.

WillyB93

Established Member
If I ever change the exhaust on my teal car or if I buy another with the option of getting stock exhaust with it I will make sure I keep it around even if it collects a lot of dust!!!

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
Agreed, there still could be issues with the transaction for whatever reason. I've bought stuff from people that obviously do a lot of volume on ebay and they still give you feedback even if it's a bit later so we'll see what happens.

There was a set with 12k miles on it that went for $128 a couple months ago. I think there was some discussion on them on here before the sale if I remember. The pictures were not that great, they looked really dusty but not rusty. They could have been a nice buy if you were willing to risk it.

Shipping has to be a issue with them as well. Someone not knowing you can't just take them to UPS and tell them to ship it would create a big problem.

I wouldn't consider them being not complete to be that important since just the cat back is the only Cobra specific part. There's 3 NOS H-pipes on ebay right now and have been for awhile. Plenty of cheap headers too but I haven't seen any NOS ones.

Users who are viewing this thread