Wow someone wanted these BAD!

WillyB93

Established Member
I would say so, since the rest of the exhaust isn't there. Saying no stock manifold, mid- pipe.

buddha93

Established Member
Don't be too surpised if they end up being relisted. I see this crap all the time on Ebay and you have to take it all in with a grain of salt. I looks to be pretty odd bidding too, considering the one guy jumped in with a $2200 bid off the bat.

But who knows. Maybe the guy has an ultra low milage Cobra with an aftemarket catback.

buddha93

Established Member
So I guess now everybody will think their factory cat back is gold plated?

There's no doubt they are big ticket items. That's the first NOS set I've seen up for sale in many years, and it's the first thing everyone cut off these cars back in the day. Even with all the low mileage cars floating around, 99% have an aftermarket catback bolted up with the OEM stuff long gone.

Personally, I'd never pay that kind of money for it, but to a purest with some expendable cash and the want I suppose the sky is the limit.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmm I have a mint low mileage(35k) midpipe off a 92 notchback!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I lowered the rear end and unbolted my factory exhaust back in 1993, i still have it wrapped up in my garage.. Uncut and original :rockon:

WillyB93

Established Member
My teal car still maintains the factory cat back exhaust and plan on keeping it that way.

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
New Old Stock. Brand new part that the dealers never sold and it ends up in someone's hands and it goes up for sale.

I think buddha93 is right about it going back up for sale. I went back and looked, the auction jumps from $300 to $2000 in one bid, somethings fishy.

buddha93

Established Member
New Old Stock. Brand new part that the dealers never sold and it ends up in someone's hands and it goes up for sale.

I think buddha93 is right about it going back up for sale. I went back and looked, the auction jumps from $300 to $2000 in one bid, somethings fishy.

I just find it odd. I could see bidding the $2k if the bid were already up over the $1500 dollar mark, but it wasn't seeing any real action.

fivestangs

Established Member
....and it's the first thing everyone cut off these cars back in the day. Even with all the low mileage cars floating around, 99% have an aftermarket catback bolted up with the OEM stuff long gone.

guilty!

Lately I've been thinking of welding the stock pipes back together (at least I had enough foresight to keep them) and re-installing the OEM stuff back on the car

buddha93

Established Member
guilty!

Lately I've been thinking of welding the stock pipes back together (at least I had enough foresight to keep them) and re-installing the OEM stuff back on the car

LOL! Hey, at least you kept them. I've got my cut up set for the red car, and the uncut stuff for the black one.

WillyB93

Established Member
Some people will kill for them in like 20 years from now while doing a restoration!!

Users who are viewing this thread