Wow! My black coupe is already here!

Venom Lover

Established Member
Got a call from Don Kott Ford today. Apparently I was #2 on their waiting list for a black '03 coupe, and they were saying this weekend that it would probably be about a month, but they would get back to me today.

So imagine my surprise when they told me a black coupe came in today and #1 on the list backed out of the deal! I can pick the car up tomorrow morning at MSRP if I want. :D

Car has 19 miles on it. (And I obviously wasn't there when the delivery truck arrived....) Should I go for the deal if the car looks (and drives) ok???

This is kind of exciting!

i8u

Established Member
Mine had 19 on it. I talked to the salesman that said he drove it. He was surprised when I asked him how come there were still nipples on the front tires but but not the back. He really didn't know what to say. Except he would throw a new pair on!
Bottom line I still bought the car! If anything is wrong with the car there is a warrenty and in rare instances The lemon law may become a option. I love my car. It is perfect so far. Just get it.

Question: I have to take the car in wed for some shipping scratches to be buffed out. The salesman offered me a demo to use but I almost want to stay there to make sure they don't go for a short joy ride. What are your opinions?

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Same thing happend to me. Was told 2nd run. Talked to salesman Sat said prob Oct. He calls today says 2 backed out car will be here in a week! I dont even have financing yet.:mj: I jumped on it and gave them a dep, now if they can just get me some da*n numbers i would have a blk 1 too. Must be alot of ppl backing out, not getting approved?

jason

PS: I think that you might be making the people that ordered in Feb and are still waiting a little :xpl: :whine::cryying:

Venom Lover

Established Member
i8u,
Well, since the dealership already admitted to taking your car for a joy ride once, I'd stay there while the work is being done. That's just me! BTW, by "nipples" do you mean those little thin strands of rubber on new tires?

Jason,
I'm sure there are people not getting approved for financing. But I think a lot of people just change their minds for whatever reason (e.g., they think it's a good idea to buy a Cobra but the wifey thinks otherwise). Fortunately, I was pre-approved by my wife.... ;-)

Good luck with your vert. Let us know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread