WOW MRT SS H-Pipe plus Flows = AWESOME!!

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
I just finished installing my American Thunder Catback after having installed the MRT H-pipe last weekend. All I can say is AWESOME. EXACTLY what I wanted in exhaust sound and NOT as raspy as an X-pipe. It barely starts to sound like it's going to sound that way and then it disappears. Very loud at WOT but a decent rumble at idle. Barely any drone at 65-70 mph and a DEFINITE seat of the pants increase in power.

If I can get my stupid computer to pick up the sound from a video, I will get a video clip of it, but I tried to get a sound file with just the MRT pipe and stock catback and couldn't get it. I will try again though, I think this combo will help make up a lot of people's mind on the exhaust question of which to get.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Awsome. I love the sound of Flows. Its just something about straight through mufflers that i like. In the perfect world i would want the sound of flowmasters with the performance of a straight through. if you want send me over the file if its not working for you

[email protected]

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
I know what you mean, I don't know about the performance as far as power goes, but it sure feels faster, we'll see on the dyno soon.

I'll try and get the clips of it tomorrow, I had to clean up my mess in the shop which took awhile. I'll send the clips your way when I get them though as my computer is being retarded as far as producing sound with them.

To be honest, I almost went with the magnaflows. I heard the sound of those at our meet in houston and almost bought those. The price on them were eating me though.

Are you happy with your H-pipe as well??

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I love my H pipe. Im so glad i went with it. A bunch of my friends from NY came by tonight and we went out for dinner. Driving around got so many stares and a few thumbs up for the way it sounds. My friends were driving next to me and they said its LOUD. Said it was comparable to my old car which was. LTs, O/R H and Magnapacks, which sounded like the world was coming to an end.

Cops are real tight about exhaust sound around here. Luckily i can keep it pretty tame cruising around town. I may swap my magnaflows for Stingers however. just do not know if i want to drop the cash on the catback

03mineralg

Established Member
Soundclip please!! I also have the flowmaster c\b and i am trying to decide on the mrt. Are the past problems fixed with this pipe?

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Yes the past problems are fixed with this pipe. No leaks whatsoever. The fitment and quality are top notch.

Sound clips tomorrow hopefully.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
I had the catted version put on this morning. Fit and quality were very good. Thanks to those who had reported the install issues on this batch. I was prepared with a band clamp for the H section and new bolts for the catback.

Sound is prety good. I think it might actually idle a little quieter, but louder at high rpm's. I will get some more seat time this weekend.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Ah man.....I would love to hear this combo on a sound clip.

Actually before I had on my Stingers....I had the FM American Thunder....and I loved the sound...it just wasn't loud enough for me. So I was thinking of getting the MRT H pipe, but at the time there were known issues, so I passed and got the Stinger instead.

I bet the Flowmaster and the MRT H sound absolutely badass!

I'm still contemplating the MRT H pipe...and I still have my Flows in my garage. Hmm.....I just love those damn Stinger tips though!

Last edited:

King03Cobra

Established Member
I just had my X-pipe removed and had a JDM H-pipe put on along with the Kooks LT's. The H-pipe does give it more of a deeper V-8 sound compared to an X. Definitely like the sound.....

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Blue Poison-- If you want loud, the MRT H-pipe and flows is nice and loud and sounds good. With the delta flow mufflers they have in the catbacks now, the sound stays out of the inside of the car and remains loud on the outside. The tips on the flowmasters are nice too with the embossed flowmaster logo on them.

SA SNAKE--The install of the H-pipe is easy, the hardest part is getting your old one off. The dreaded bottom passenger side nut.

Users who are viewing this thread