WOW! MM Subframe Connectors

bitnhrd

Acceler8tr Modul8tr
Established Member
I just got done having my local exhaust shop install my Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors. WOW what a difference. I could feel a difference when I pulled out of the driveway. Much more solid :rockon: I would encourage anyone with a vert. to make this the next mod on your list.

csumt76

Established Member
hell yea, the car feels more solid in every aspect. The first bump in the road you hit will show you the difference in the chassis.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Mine go on next weekend hopefully.... Along with my coil-overs, diff brace and IRS brackets... I've been putting it off for far too long and you just convinced me once more.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
That's about all you need for a coupe. Makes them feel completely solid.

I'm adding in-floors to my 'vert that has MM's right now, because they aren't quite enough by themselves.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
bitnhrd said:
I just got done having my local exhaust shop install my Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors. WOW what a difference. I could feel a difference when I pulled out of the driveway. Much more solid :rockon: I would encourage anyone with a vert. to make this the next mod on your list.

Do you have a vert?

modded46

Established Member
Next mod I do will definitely be subframes and i'm very happy with the MM stuff I have already so i'm definitely going with them.. Can I ask you how much they charged you to put them on and more importantly did they do a good job in your opinion

optx002

Established Member
i had mine done at xmp awhile back, and they were supposed to charge me 110, but they only charged me 70 because thats all the cash i had, and the "kid" working there said 70 was good enough. a few shops i forget their name, but in huntington beach and another one i forget where, wanted anywhere from 4-8 hours of labor at $60-80 an hour. Good luck.

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
I have a coupe and was thinking on weather or not I should get the full length MM subframes --You people with vert's did you all go full length ?

bitnhrd

Acceler8tr Modul8tr
Established Member
modded46 said:
Can I ask you how much they charged you to put them on and more importantly did they do a good job in your opinion
They only charged $100. They had never installed MM Subs before, but they have installed a lot of subsframes. They thought it was only going to take an hour when they quoted me. I told they MM says its a 2-3 hr job. He stuck to his $100 quote even though it took him about 3-3.5 hrs. He said next time he does a set of MM's on a 03/04 cobra he'll charge about $200. I think they did a great job. ;-)

bitnhrd

Acceler8tr Modul8tr
Established Member
I8URZ28 said:
I have a coupe and was thinking on weather or not I should get the full length MM subframes --You people with vert's did you all go full length ?
You should get the full lenths. No reason to skimp on our cars, plus the cost difference is minimal. Good luck and get those subframes on, you'll wish you did it sooner.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
bitnhrd said:
You should get the full lenths. No reason to skimp on our cars, plus the cost difference is minimal. Good luck and get those subframes on, you'll wish you did it sooner.

+1

adamz1le28

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
How hard are these to install? Do they have to be welded?

Can anyone give me a quick installation description??

Thanks

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
modded46 said:
Next mod I do will definitely be subframes and i'm very happy with the MM stuff I have already so i'm definitely going with them.. Can I ask you how much they charged you to put them on and more importantly did they do a good job in your opinion

2 hours labor- $120. Not the most artistic welds I've ever seen, but they did a good job.

I8URZ28 said:

Absolutely. Never go with anything less.

bitnhrd said:
I have not heard of these? MM makes them? More info please.

Griggs makes them. http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?Roush2960&page=11#jump
http://people.ucsc.edu/~kbrandt/mustang/InternalSFC.shtml

adamz1le28 said:
How hard are these to install? Do they have to be welded?

Can anyone give me a quick installation description??

Thanks

Bolt-on subframe connectors are nearly worthless. These do have to be welded, and they weld at multiple points along their length.

Your car goes up on a drive-on lift. They test fit them and spot-weld the connection pieces where they need to be on the bar. Then they grind the bottom of the chassis to bare metal where they need to weld, put the subs back in place and weld them. No carpet removal necessary, or disassembly/removal of anything. The car HAS to be supported by the wheels.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Jon00GT said:
2 hours labor- $120. Not the most artistic welds I've ever seen, but they did a good job.

Absolutely. Never go with anything less.

Griggs makes them. http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?Roush2960&page=11#jump
http://people.ucsc.edu/~kbrandt/mustang/InternalSFC.shtml

Bolt-on subframe connectors are nearly worthless. These do have to be welded, and they weld at multiple points along their length.

Your car goes up on a drive-on lift. They test fit them and spot-weld the connection pieces where they need to be on the bar. Then they grind the bottom of the chassis to bare metal where they need to weld, put the subs back in place and weld them. No carpet removal necessary, or disassembly/removal of anything. The car HAS to be supported by the wheels.
+1
I've had mine on the 'vert for over a year and it's one of the best mods I've done, on street and strip you can tell a world of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread