wow, im having a great day

Kingcobramike

Established Member
so today i took the lightning out and it was missing and acting strange so i figured it must have got some bad gas. So i go to auto zone to get a pump to pump it out when this kid who works there probably around 20 helped me find it. He asked me what i had done for mods so i told him and he looked at me and said "why dont you get a real car like a 350Z" i laughed thinking he was just messing around and then he said lightnings are not fast and they suck. then i relized this punk wasent kidding. He explained somthing to me about boost like i dident know anything and he told me that he has a faster car then my L. he said " its a bone stock 1970 dodge challenger with a 340 4 barrel, and it has ran a 15 flat" again i laugh and tell him if he wants to race we could go for $200 i never race for money but i just wanted to see what he would say. he laughed like it wasent enough so I said $500 then he said "oh no man i just race for fun and I walked out the door saying if you so confident in your car race me :kaboom: now that i think about it just makes me laugh but at the time i was :mj: oh well

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Another example of people not knowing the facts on other vehicles. I drive a Dodge so Chevy and Ford suck. I drive a Chevy so Dodge and Ford suck. I drive a Ford so Chevy and Dodge suck. Of coarse I like the last one myself. Damn you almost had an easy $500.00 bucks!!

CobraFreak1996

Established Member
Everytime I read something like this I get a headache from trying to understand the stupidity involved with some of these boneheads. What's worse is the ones that work at the parts stores and haven't a clue what part you're asking for is. All they know is what the picture on the computer shows and yet you could ask them about which fartcan can be heard the farthest away and they can't get it out fast enough. Reminds me of an idiot at the local advance auto parts that said he had a 500 hp avalon but didn't have it anymore because he got tired of it :rolleyes:

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
Originally posted by Kingcobramike
So i go to auto zone

First mistake :bash: They're all idiots. Ask'em for a radiator for a 69 model VW Bug.:thumbsup:

nj7703

Established Member
short list of cars that will match his "muscle car"

Audi A6 2.7 Quattro 15.0
Cadillac DTS 15.0
Chevy Silverado SS 14.8
Chrysler Crossfire 14.8
Ford Thunderbird 15.0
Lincon LS V8 14.9
Nissan ALtima 3.5SE 14.6
Pontiac GTP 15.0
Volvo S60R 14.0

That is just a small list of cars within spitting distance. These #'s are out of Car and Driver, so we know they are written in stone.. haha

I'de love to see an Altima beat his ass, stupid punk kid!

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
Re: Re: wow, im having a great day

Originally posted by Spritle
First mistake :bash: They're all idiots. Ask'em for a radiator for a 69 model VW Bug.:thumbsup:

that is true, all idiots in the one in my town, no nothing of cars what so ever

Kingcobramike

Established Member
Hey again
i went back later because i had to get somthing else. This time he was different. He told me that from a roll or a DROP as he called it i wouldent pull away from him. So i think i will challenge his challenger eventully

GoatDaddy

I'll trade you my yugo for that 427 Side-Oiler out of your Fairlane. You can throw in $7.50 cash to make it even.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Re: Re: wow, im having a great day

Originally posted by Spritle
Hey man thats kind of harsh, I've been out of retail for about 6yrs now but I used to be an asst. manager for NAPA and Autozone, and at the time I held ASE certifications, but thats the reason I got out, tired of everybody standing in line for me and all the other employees standing and doing nothing! Used to do all kinds of off the car testing, MAP, TPS and so on, took pride in not selling parts people didn't need.

GoatDaddy

there's always an exception to the rule, Barry; don't take it personally. However, at my local Discount Auto Parts, all the workers are stupid, and that is no generalization.

kidding, of course.

blackjack

Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
short list of cars that will match his "muscle car"

Audi A6 2.7 Quattro 15.0
Cadillac DTS 15.0
Chevy Silverado SS 14.8
Chrysler Crossfire 14.8
Ford Thunderbird 15.0
Lincon LS V8 14.9
Nissan ALtima 3.5SE 14.6
Pontiac GTP 15.0
Volvo S60R 14.0

That is just a small list of cars within spitting distance. These #'s are out of Car and Driver, so we know they are written in stone.. haha

I'de love to see an Altima beat his ass, stupid punk kid!

Wha?? No Honda's:dw:

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Challenger should be able to muster better than 15 flat with a few inexpensive mods...........

Not with a Gomer driving it:)

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by snail50
there's always an exception to the rule, Barry; don't take it personally. However, at my local Discount Auto Parts, all the workers are stupid, and that is no generalization.

kidding, of course.
Yeah just try to go in there and ask for a Yugo Radiator :)

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

kidding, of course.
I didn't, you just brought back good memories, Loved my job, loved helping people and took pride in knowing more than most of the people in my neck of the woods backyard mechnics,just didn't make enough money, Funny thing is at the end of my career I took more pride in making most people with DNS look like an a$$. Started to enjoy arguing with customers with DNS. In the end was usually able to make them beleive I was right. Then again it wasn't hard look where I live Sorry this is so long but once I get going I can't stop. Barry

GoatDaddy

the dumbazzes didn't even have any blinker fluid in stock. told me to use ATF because it was chemically identical. moronz.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
the dumbazzes didn't even have any blinker fluid in stock. told me to use ATF because it was chemically identical. moronz.
I only use blinker fluid when my car is on the blinks.........

Users who are viewing this thread