WOW I got pwned....

Falconskaterjoh

YOU CAN BUY LOVE...SVT
Established Member
So tonight I decided to go to the track and run my car for the first time, here are the results....
R/T .260
60 2.263
1/8 9.598
MPH 84.20
1/4 14.318
MPH 105.72

I have a 2.76 upper, Idlers, Magnaflow exhaust, FIPK2, and Mile Hi tune....
This is my first time what do you guys think I messed up on the most?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
You didn't "mess up" anything.......You just need to get back there and practice, practice, practice. Your burnout, your launch, your shifting, your track prep. You'll get there!!

Swervedriver

Established Member
that trap speed is awful. I'd say you might have let out early, but the 8th mph is weak as well. 84mph 8th with a 2.2 60' should have rolled up into a mid 13 though!

I'm thinking you need some seat time. If you have the stock clutch quad & firewall adjuster then you might be stumbling on upshifts, and I guess you hit 4th gear REALLY sad and lifted before you actually crossed the finish.

Common

Established Member
14 is verry verry embarassing, JMHO. With your mods you should be in 12s on a street tire easily.(NOT F1s)

COBRA55

New Name but Old member
Established Member
you only ran once? or is that your best? i think u need to have someone give u lessons... even though your 60ft time is really bad, 2.2 60 ft is no excuse to make u get a 14 sec ET

Last edited:

blk03stang

Established Member
why did u post that up? just go out and practice more. your car with a good launch should run a low 12 on street tires. with a horrible driver u still should have at least run a 12.9....

Falconskaterjoh

YOU CAN BUY LOVE...SVT
Established Member
When I shifter into 2 I smoked the tires off and left off and then shifted into third and 4th was giving me some problems....this was the only run I got because it started raining really bad. I had sprinkled about 20 min before I ran so idk whats up I guess I just need more time

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Practice bro. Seriously, that is terrible. Find the guys at the track that are fast with similar cars and pick their brain. Watch them and learn if possible. That is the only way to get better. Good luck.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Falconskaterjoh said:
This is my first time what do you guys think I messed up on the most?

stop taking your svt focus to the track:shrug:

edit: i guess the svt foci only run in the 15's. :kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread