Wow! Anyone looked in Autotrader lately?

buddha93

Established Member
First off, I was surprised to see so many Cobras for sale. There's a really good selection of stock and modded cars out there right now. What I wasn't expecting was the pricing! Holy Mother of God!

It's one thing to start high and work your way down, but some of these people are friggin out of their minds. It's funny to look at an ad for a 30k mile Cobra for $16,000, and the one right below it has the same price, but 77,000 miles on it....stock. One guy is asking $16k for 116,000 mile car......don't we all wish. :D Also, check out the low mileage Teal price, versus the even lower mileage R that are right next to each other.........which would you buy?

I think a lot of sellers are dumping these cars in hopes of purchasing an 05' model in the near future, but gimme a break!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...&max_price=&distance=0&address=63090&x=56&y=5

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
Holy crap batman..my car will soon be worth one meeeeeeeeellllliiiiiiiiooooonnnnn dollars....those people are freakin nut-bags!!! Only need one idiot to buy rite??

rikhockey

Established Member
i hope they get wat they are asking then that means all of our's are worth just as much. but there are idoits boren everyday.

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, I thought that price on the R was pretty fair myself......much more so than the Teal one for 32k.

I see the 21 mile red Cobra is still floating around. The last time it sold I believe it was for about 27k.....asking 29k now.

I think lots of people are unloading these cars for another Stang. Who can't get excited about the 03/04 Cobras with all the power from the factory, in addition to their true power potential. Then of course the 05's has everyone talking. Not to mention the 07 Cobra/Shelby coming soon, I'd be tempted to make room in my garage for one. :-D

scootro

Established Member
is it really worth paying $15 bucks to put my 2000 gt forsale on autotrader? (only the online autotrader ads)...
I’m always surprised seeing so many owners selling there 93 cobra's.....why??.. there awesome cars not to mention the prices there selling the cobra's for....holy-crap.... I wouldn't of bought my 93 cobra if the price was over $10,000 my pockets aren't that fat, besides I drive my cars. it would be a waste if I bought a 5,000 mile 93 cobra because it wouldn't be sitt'n in the garage collecting dust!!!

i'm selling my 2000 cause i bought a 93 cobra just a fox-body man at heart. i'd like to have 2005-2006 stang gt (pretty cars)... but i hate car payments they suck, second i'm not paying the crazy prices the ford dealers are selling these cars over stock sticker price.. these dealers around here are crazy.... you wouldn't believe what they are selling the 2005 stang 6 cylinders for!! i hardly ever see 05' gt's on the lots....

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Lee, I think what they're doing is just throwing it out there and seeing if someone will bite. Heck, I hate to admit it, but if someone came along and said they'd give 32k for my car bone stock I'd have to seriously consider it.

Lee

Established Member
buddha93 said:
Lee, I think what they're doing is just throwing it out there and seeing if someone will bite. Heck, I hate to admit it, but if someone came along and said they'd give 32k for my car bone stock I'd have to seriously consider it.

Yea, they're "fishing", and the one's with the decent prices really want to sell.

codell85GT

Another Newbie here!

Sorry for the introduction on this thread but after scanning Autotrader I caught this Teal Cobra on the low end of the price range @ $6,000 and was wondering if I could get some opinions.

I contacted the seller (for all I know he might be a member here?) and the only information I have at the moment is it's a theft recovery that he rebuilt.
It has GT interior and grill, the doors had to be replaced (they were stolen), it was repainted but the paint is starting to peel in some spots. It has some scratches here and there? Also, he's not sure what # it is and said he had tried to contact SVT last fall and was told they were on a hiatus and were not sending out any certificates?

I have kind of formed my own opinion but wanted to hear what other cobra owners thought!

Should I;
A) be patient and pass. (5-6K range is what I have been looking in!) (save up more cash)
B) buy low and restore it slow when funds permit.

Thanks for any advice and at worst case I guess I gave the guy some free advertising. Someone might be interested?

Charles

kcp203

Established Member
Lee said:
With such high prices maybe they really don't want to sell....

Maybe they all have wives that don't like cars. They can say "Honey, I tried to sell it but nobody's interested" :shrug:

Lee

Established Member
kcp203 said:
Maybe they all have wives that don't like cars. They can say "Honey, I tried to sell it but nobody's interested" :shrug:

Wish I'd thought of this before I sold mine! :beer:

juicedgt02

Established Member
scootro said:
is it really worth paying $15 bucks to put my 2000 gt forsale on autotrader? (only the online autotrader ads)...
I’m always surprised seeing so many owners selling there 93 cobra's.....why??.. there awesome cars not to mention the prices there selling the cobra's for....holy-crap.... I wouldn't of bought my 93 cobra if the price was over $10,000 my pockets aren't that fat, besides I drive my cars. it would be a waste if I bought a 5,000 mile 93 cobra because it wouldn't be sitt'n in the garage collecting dust!!!

i'm selling my 2000 cause i bought a 93 cobra just a fox-body man at heart. i'd like to have 2005-2006 stang gt (pretty cars)... but i hate car payments they suck, second i'm not paying the crazy prices the ford dealers are selling these cars over stock sticker price.. these dealers around here are crazy.... you wouldn't believe what they are selling the 2005 stang 6 cylinders for!! i hardly ever see 05' gt's on the lots....

where did you get $15 from, I thought it was $34 for the online one :poke:

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
Codell85GT; get the Vin# from him to verify the engine code is (D) denoting Cobra powertrain. After that its up to you and your wallet if u feel the car is worth it with the tarnished title. If its not an authentic Cobra I wouldn't pay $1500 much less $6000 for a car someone is trying to pass off as a Cobra. Goodluck; car does look pretty clean to me, think only thing I'd do is buy new upholstery an recover the seats with nice fresh black, then drive that beotch.

codell85GT

Fiveoh93Snake; The vin is posted on the Autotrader site. I ran it through the free carfax search and it is a real cobra. I received additional pics from the owner and I have to give him alot of credit! When he got the car it was totally stripped! :eek: Everything was stolen except the drivtrain!
Anyway, even though he did a nice job of putting it back together I'm passing on it and will just be patient.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
If i had the $$$ i would buy both the Teal and the Black Cobra, the black one is a very good price, If funds are there then buy it

Users who are viewing this thread