WOW!! 3 GT's in a row!

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
I was on my way to Kentucky this afternoon, east bound on I-96 just outside of Grand Rapids around the Lake Odessa exit. Far ahead I saw what looked like a low slung sports car, kind of like a vette (no flames please, it was .5 mile ahead of me). As I got closer up on it I saw there were 3 that were similar, I had it in the back of my head but, naaahhh, no way there were 3 GT's on the road headed FOR Detroit. As I got closer - yup. 3 of them all in a row. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. I looked like a trial lawyer at an accident scene (sorry Eddy). They all had manufacturers plates. The first time I saw one (three) in the flesh. Sweet. These things are so low you'd trip over them in a dark parking lot.

I was in the bad 6.0 Super Duty so no takers on a race. I think I scared em'.

:thumbsup:

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Originally posted by roushcobra2003
Damn thats so sweet. lol u could have rolled over them......where are the pics.

Digital camera was in the back seat in the computer bag - I was doing 90+. Sorry!

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
I have seen a couple of them around on the highways. I think I might really end up liking this new car. :rockon:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I saw like 12 Mini Coopers in a row last week!

Ok, so it's not even cool, but still...

Ok actually, it was pretty gay, but still...

Ok actually, it was extremely gay, but still

I'd cream my pants if I seen them. I think one of those cars would have to stop for an un-expected flat tire. I would "help" him change it but “accidentally” bump his head with the tire wrench (oops), and I would be cruising in a Ford GT for about 10 minutes until I get Swiss cheesed by the swat team. But still, at least I would go out inside a GT, much better than a Mini Cooper. Nice find, to bad you didn’t have the camera ready. I like to see amateur shots, shows the car off better (no camera tricks).

Last edited:

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
Originally posted by WireEater

I'd cream my pants if I seen them. I think one of those cars would have to stop for an un-expected flat tire. I would "help" him change it but “accidentally” bump his head with the tire wrench (oops), and I would be cruising in a Ford GT for about 10 minutes until I get Swiss cheesed by the swat team. But still, at least I would go out inside a GT, much better than a Mini Cooper. Nice find, to bad you didn’t have the camera ready. I like to see amateur shots, shows the car off better (no camera tricks).

They actually looked really odd when I passed them. The rear looks dramitically bigger (wider) than the front. Huge rear tires, subdued center exhaust, pronounced diffusers and I can't stress how low these things are! The closest comparo I can think of is a Lamborghini Countach (sp?) I was in my truck (stock height 1-ton, crew cab) but the roofline couldn't be higher tham my waist (I'm 6'3"). They looked sweet. It's intimidating, something that tiny with a sticker price 3 times that of my truck! (One sold out of a Grand Rapids dealer for $190k TO A BROKER so this guy is going to make money too! I figure $1/4 mil before these things make it into end owners hands. This info comes from a sales manager at a competing Ford dealership).

If I was going to end it all Wire, that'd be the only way to go.

I WANT ONE!

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Yes. I could notice the big rear, large tires from the pictures I have. Also the Top Gear video kind of gives the perspective of the car. I have loved the body style since I seen it. It’s aggressive, sleek and sexy as shit. It sits really low; the roof was at the guy’s waist on the video. I bet it feels so nice sitting in it. Probably as if you are hovering off the ground just enough to not scrape your ass. The car looks like nothing what so ever that is out which makes it worth having. It's shape reminds me of nothing I have seen other than then GT40...

All in all, Ford has just made one of the best cars ever, which is awesome as shit. It will definatly help them win more respect from the people who usually doubt them.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by Nuclrslug
I was on my way to Kentucky this afternoon, east bound on I-96 just outside of Grand Rapids around the Lake Odessa exit. Far ahead I saw what looked like a low slung sports car, kind of like a vette (no flames please, it was .5 mile ahead of me). As I got closer up on it I saw there were 3 that were similar, I had it in the back of my head but, naaahhh, no way there were 3 GT's on the road headed FOR Detroit. As I got closer - yup. 3 of them all in a row. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. I looked like a trial lawyer at an accident scene (sorry Eddy). They all had manufacturers plates. The first time I saw one (three) in the flesh. Sweet. These things are so low you'd trip over them in a dark parking lot.

I was in the bad 6.0 Super Duty so no takers on a race. I think I scared em'.

:thumbsup:

I drove 2 05 SD's that just showed up today :rockon:

Blades

Established Member
Originally posted by WireEater

12 Mini Coopers in a row is called a gay pride parade.. (no offense to anyone) Or maybe they were all going to pull a gold heist ala italian job.

3 Ford GTs in a row is a little different. :D

Users who are viewing this thread