Would you trade up

viperakron

Established Member
Don't want IRS, now it's not lighter or smaller! It would have to make a bunch more HP than my tuned '12 for me to swap.

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Cant say I would trade a '13 5.0 as I dont have one. I may just add a turbo 4 to the stable instead :)

natedog_1959

Established Member
If I could get payoff for mine + a good lawyer because my wife would try to kill me, I would definitely trade my 13 GT for a 15 GT.

I would even drive a beater for a year or so to build up a deposit.

I would need about $25k for a 14k mile Premium 13 GT with 3.73's and GT500 axlebacks.

Nate

13GT5.0

Established Member
Nope. I don't see the 15 as that much of an upgrade minus the IRS and the slight bump in hp. I don't like the front clip yet at all. Besides the 2016 will probably be a refresh and a big bump in hp due to the new camaro that's coming.

DWalker

Established Member
Curious why?

The base model on these has more technology than my 13 premium does, plus I really want recaros and not having leather isn't gonna bother me as long as I have recaros. It's not gonna be my DD so paying for all those fancy upgrades that the premium has is kinda pointless, I'd rather save a little weight and maybe even come out with a cheaper payment as well.

Krace

Established Member
Im going to be upgrading for the better motor and the auto. I love the new look of the 2015 as well.
Dont get me wrong I love my PW 2012 5.0, but Im really liking the new triple yellow. ;)

Ill be returning mine back to stock and looking to fit my Paxton on to the new stang, once i get one! :D

Cvialp5901

Established Member
Yup already got the wife's approval, I think the car being 50 years is a pretty special thing, this is going to be one special car and I'm ready to land in one. I would probably prefer the IRS over my 12's bouncy ride too.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Ill be adding a 15 (hopefullt GT350) to add to the 11 GT (handling car), 93 Notch (drag car) and 66 Vert (classic cruiser). Oh and the 06 Legacy GT (daily). Man I love single life.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
I wont trade in for one, but I will probably buy towards the end of the performance trim for this chassis, unless the GT350 really is gonna be a one year build. (If it is, I gotta sell one of the kids)

I bought a 2008, then traded up to a 2011, then finally just got the 2014 gt500. I find that the 2014 can carry me happily for several years, and I cant afford to take the financial hits of constantly trading up in my mind. Its just an enormous waste of money. I figure just the 2008 cost me over 20k to own for 2 years considering depreciation.

Now if a second generation Raptor comes out, I might have to trade my old one in on a new one if they do it up right. (No need to tell me they are- I know SVT has one ready to build, it just hasnt been approved as of yet)

Users who are viewing this thread