Would you trade a terminator for this?

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
UPDATE: The car has been sent off to a museum for some type of Ford showcase so I didn't manage to get any more photos today but I did get more information. It has 3 miles on the odometer. It's a very early build number (12 to be exact) and the car was ordered brand new by the dealership for a customer but the customer pulled out last minute so the owner of the dealership kept the car. The owner said the only way that he would sell the car is any offer over 100k. But that he would want to make sure it wouldn't get driven a ton so....

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
What a shame - cars that are a piece of history (ie, the race-winning, 2nd, or 3rd place '66 Le Mans GT40s) I understand retiring to a Museum. Similarly, #1 00R. But this car is really not historically significant and should be driven.

Instead it has sat for years and years. It would need a ton of shakedown given how long it's sat and how little it has moved.

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
What a shame - cars that are a piece of history (ie, the race-winning, 2nd, or 3rd place '66 Le Mans GT40s) I understand retiring to a Museum. Similarly, #1 00R. But this car is really not historically significant and should be driven.

Instead it has sat for years and years. It would need a ton of shakedown given how long it's sat and how little it has moved.

Couldn't agree with you more on that. The chalk marks are still on the car... smh. They will start it up every now and then. When they move it though they put it on dollys and jacks so that they won't add mileage. Just sad

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member

I agree since it's not the first or last or even 1 of 10 it really is a shame it's not being drive and enjoyed. I like my Terminator to much to trade it for anything. Any other cars will be sharing the garage with her.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I forget how many where made 2500?

350 if I'm not mistaken

UPDATE: The car has been sent off to a museum for some type of Ford showcase so I didn't manage to get any more photos today but I did get more information. It has 3 miles on the odometer. It's a very early build number (12 to be exact) and the car was ordered brand new by the dealership for a customer but the customer pulled out last minute so the owner of the dealership kept the car. The owner said the only way that he would sell the car is any offer over 100k. But that he would want to make sure it wouldn't get driven a ton so....

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Hm. Kinda what I was expecting. Hell, at this point, whoever buys it should just put it in a bubble and store it for 50 years. I'm not sure you would beat inflation, but it'll bring $100k+ for sure.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
In the not too distant future, I see random gasket and seal leaks coming that car's way. A little drip here and a little drip there. All the bushings are deteriorating and the car has never moved. It would be great to have but it doesn't come without it's own brand of headaches.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In the not too distant future, I see random gasket and seal leaks coming that car's way. A little drip here and a little drip there. All the bushings are deteriorating and the car has never moved. It would be great to have but it doesn't come without it's own brand of headaches.

At this point, I doubt it will ever be driven. It'll be a garage queen for the rest of its life.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
Seems like "special " cars like these have the same destiny. I took my car to a show this weekend at a chevy dealership. We had to drive through the enclosed service area to get to the rear lot and on display was the dealerships COPO Camaro.

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
Seems like "special " cars like these have the same destiny. I took my car to a show this weekend at a chevy dealership. We had to drive through the enclosed service area to get to the rear lot and on display was the dealerships COPO Camaro.

Ha. Bet none of those ever get driven.

Users who are viewing this thread