Would you sell the 93 for a 2010 Shelby GT500?

Would you sell your 93 for a 2010 Shelby GT500?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeRacer

Established Member
I flipped back and forth over the past few months about selling my 93 Cobra, and my 2003 Lightning. With both sold I'd be pretty close to the price range for an 08-09 with the options I want. I'm not really sold on the performance of the '10 being greater than the 08-09. I like the interior a lot more (better materials, but it sucks the a/c and stereo are integrated into the same panel so it makes it a PITA to swap in an aftermarket receiver), but the exterior to me is heinous (except the rims are by far the best rims Ford has ever put on any vehicle from the factory). I'd much rather have the 07-09 body, and everything that the magazines report about being 'better' in the 10 would be replaced after a few months of ownership with the 08-09 I'd thought about owning (shocks/springs/swaybars, CAI/tune). To me since I like the 07-09 body more this is what I'd go with, but the interior and rims of the 10 are tits :banana:.

In the end I've decided that I can't part with my 93 (and it will be faster than the GT500 in a straight line at least once I get a Vortech on it hehe). I also can't see living without a truck now that I've had one so I can't really seem to part with my 03 L. I plan on still getting a Shelby, but I'm going to wait until I can purchase one outright instead of having to sell all of my other vehicles to get one. Then the Shelby can be my weekend cruiser and I can turn the 93 Cobra into an all out racer hehehe.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I wouldn't and I'd be waiting for the 2011 anyhow. I sold my First baby also a 93GT which was a several mag show car and I don't miss it much. It was great but it was a trophy more than a car. I take my 03 everywhere compared to the 93.

BiLL1024

Established Member
I think I am going to keep it until I can't drive any longer.
Then one day I will give it to one of my kids. I hope to keep it in the family.
It is just too much fun to drive. 164k miles, still looks and runs great.
It gets a lot of interest at car shows/cruise ins. It's a keeper.

mobeydick

Established Member
I have played around with getting a GT500 and selling off the "older" mustangs. One part of me thinks it would be fun but the other part of me loves the 93s because that is what I grew up with and they bring back memories. Also, I think 93s are a little rough around the edges - which I really enjoy - and the Shelbys have all the modern conveniences (navigation, sync, etc) which I'm not sure how I feel about in my weekend "muscle" car. Let your opinions fly .......

Find someone that has a GT500 and get ride in one. Then make your decision.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
If you want air, stereo, big HP car the Shelby is the way to go.
Like most older pony cars a '93 is noisy, needs constant attention and a lot of money for go-fast parts.
Just like old vettes, they look cool on the outside but once you get in the drivers seat, wear earplugs and have big wrists.

At my age I'm going sleazy easy.
Jeff

no2moro

Established Member
I would not sell my 93 for new shelby. I have to say that having a special car built on the assembly line means a lot more to me. I have been in automotive manufacturing for 8 years, the workers who put your vehicles together take great pride, especially when it is something like the 1993 or 2003-04. Anybody can buy a GT and put aftermarket parts on it, but buying a car new off the lot, just the way it rolled off of the assembly line is awesome!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I would take half the money it would take to put a Shelby I'm the garage and do a phb and torque arm setup, plus a mild turbo setup and still have a flyin fox body. :)

seriously, they are both unique rides. The fox cobra will always be my favorite simply because my generation x grew up around them. I listed after 5.0 cars all through high school and wasn't able to get one until I was five years out of high school (1995). And I still have it.

I love the power of the blown 4.6/5.4 motors, but you can get similar feel in a hot 5.0 setup with a lot less weight.

It's hard to beat the "raw" nature of a fox car, and I plan on never selling mine.

Users who are viewing this thread