Would you sell the 93 for a 2010 Shelby GT500?

Would you sell your 93 for a 2010 Shelby GT500?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
I have played around with getting a GT500 and selling off the "older" mustangs. One part of me thinks it would be fun but the other part of me loves the 93s because that is what I grew up with and they bring back memories. Also, I think 93s are a little rough around the edges - which I really enjoy - and the Shelbys have all the modern conveniences (navigation, sync, etc) which I'm not sure how I feel about in my weekend "muscle" car. Let your opinions fly .......

kcp203

Established Member
I would do it for an even trade. However, I wouldn't put up additional money to get the Shelby. Like a lot of people these days, I don't mind being happy and appreciative for what I have, which is more than most people. At lest the 93 is paid for.

buddha93

Established Member
Depends on the individual I suppose.

My 93', while a very nice car, is far from pristine and has almost 110k on the odometer. I still love to drive it and I get quite a few compliements/thumbs up with it. There just aren't that many Foxes in my area, let alone a 93' Cobra. The insurance is dirt cheap, property taxes (we pay those every year here in Missouri) are low, so it essentially costs me nothing to keep.

The GT500, well, you know. All the ammenties, drives better, much more refined.......as should be for a car almost 20 years newer. I just don't know that I really would enjoy it that much more to justify the added cost in owning it, nevermind the price to get into one.

Of course in a perfect world, I'd have the income and garage big enought to have both.......and few others as well.:burnout:

Teal93

I grew up on the old school fox and would regret selling my baby after having it for 14 yrs. One was not good enough so I bought another one for the wife. Dont get me wrong I would sell my baby for a gt500 but I probably would not get the money I would be asking for it. Or if someone was willing to trade straight across I would. I dont think this will ever happen, So Im not to worried about getting rid of it. If times are right I will end up buying one in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

rw93cobra

Established Member
I'd keep the 93. Since my first fox body mustang, I've always wanted a 93 cobra, and now that I finally have one I couldn't imagine selling it. I want to get a 03/04 cobra, but would never consider selling the 93.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Would the shelby be fun? YES!

Would another $30,000 in debt be fun? NO!

I may be young, and not exactly able to speak from experience, but that money invested will be worth a lot more many years from now. We all know cars are a waste of money. You enjoy the cobra you have. No need to blow another 30K for a slightly larger smile.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Go drive one and go drive a modded one, you would sell your left nut and kidney.

1slohawk

Established Member
I don't think I could give mine up for a gt500 now a c6z is a whole other story lol.

carguy19

Established Member
Im gonna build a notchback with an 03/4 cobra motor or a GT500 motor.

May sell my 93 may hang on to it.

93 COBRA

Established Member
I see a new GT500 in my future, but not at the sake of selling my '93. This one is a keeper and I've had too many regrets from selling cars. Now I just need a bigger garage. :-D

Stinger99

Established Member
I agree with the crowd that says (no way)
The only way i would get rid of my 93 is if i had no choice...
These cars get rarer every day, and the GT 500 are not as rare.
I would love to own a 500 one day, but not at the cost of losing my 93.

I love the Foxbody's i have a 92 hatch that is totally apart, some guy offered me $3,000 for it as it sits and i cant get rid of it.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Absolutely not. Is the new car more refined, feature rich, etc? Yep. Is it ugly as the wart on witch's ass? You betcha.

Keep the 93.

buddha93

Established Member
Bite your tongue Buddha - the GT has been with me for 15 yrs. It was my first child.

Ya, I know what you mean.;-)

I had an 89' than I owned for l0+ years. I drove it bone stock for half of that time until a buddy of mine handed me a MM&FF and it went from there. I hated to see the car go but I've always had no less than one Mustang in my garage to keep me young.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
If I had the money to play with, yes I would!! The new Shelbys are amazing.

Black/grabber stripes, and black/black :rockon:

col014.jpg

col016.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread