would you put a centrifugal on a 10.5:1 motor in a street car?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
4.6 dohc, 03/04 4valve heads, the car is just a street car to have fun in, not out street racing not hitting the tracks to try and win classes or set records. Street tune would be on the conservative side. I know you would have to watch the timing especially on pump gas. Its a P1sc with the 3 core air-air intercooler, would probably try to run 13-15psi and in the ~550 rwhp area (I realize with cleaned up heads, cams and longtubes the P1 might not hit those boost numbers)

I know people run em on 10.1:1 aluminators and such, how much difference does that .4 really make?

Willy Mo

Beat EM' With A Stick
Established Member
as long as you tune for your fuel theres no problems. You just have to make sure you have the fuel to support the power you want.

blackbob

Nurburgring GTO
Established Member
It will be STUPID ON TOP OF STUPID NEXT TO STUPID ON TOP OF STUPID PLUS STUPID..........................Fast.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
no one is asking the real question what type of bottom end is in that motor? that will determine how much power it will shit out.

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I just tuned my car with a procharger at 13 psi with belt slippage, pegged out MAF and 10.1 c.r on a built shortblock. Timing was at 13 degrees, still got some more to go, got to fix the belt slippage and my pegged out BA3000 MAF. I made 525rwhp on pump gas 91 with a mix of torco in the tank taking it up to 6000rpm.

95_XB331

Established Member
I'd do it. I kinda wish I went with 10:1 instead of 9.5.

Sure wish I went 9.5:1 vs my current 8.5:1. Look the 2011 5.0 is over 11.1 and can push 6psi... On a roots blower and 91 octane too...

If you can afford the coin for a few dyno sessions and a good tuner, do it. Tho, you'll never be able to use a race blower (sci, ysi, t, novi2k, f1) at its best efficiency (>12psi)..

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Sure wish I went 9.5:1 vs my current 8.5:1. Look the 2011 5.0 is over 11.1 and can push 6psi... On a roots blower and 91 octane too...

If you can afford the coin for a few dyno sessions and a good tuner, do it. Tho, you'll never be able to use a race blower (sci, ysi, t, novi2k, f1) at its best efficiency (>12psi)..

The coyote motor also has the variable cam timing. I imagine that's helping it live with the boost.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
^^^correct but at WOT they default to their max I believe, and WOT boost is when most harm is done. So not sure if it helps that much. I could be wrong though

I would def boost a 10.5 to 1, it should make damn good power

Users who are viewing this thread