Would you guys buy this??

DJinAC

The Escape Pod
Established Member
I am looking at a 2000 Lightining with 61K miles on it they are asking 18,995 for the truck. I have to go to the dealership but wondering if the miles are too high for that amount of money??

Anyone have an opinion?

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I would have to say it's a little too high for those kind of miles and the year it is. They could come off that price a couple G's. Nothing against 02's at all, but if it's possible for you, try to find an 03-04. Those years were when SVT did the best job on setting up these trucks.

fearmenot

Established Member
Well that is retail price they are showing. I would definitely have at least a couple grand taken off. But any more the prices aren't dropping like they use to especially depending on locations. Is the truck stock?

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
I would say 15,500 was the low end of the price range... Though 18,900 is kinda high for a 2000 with 63k. If you can get them to come off it by a grand or 1,500 you would be doing pretty good, if its in real nice shape. These trucks are holding there value pretty well, especially after they stopped making them. Good thing for those of us that already have them, not so great if you are looking to buy one! Hope you find one, and you already know where to come for questions and anything else!

Jason

DJinAC

The Escape Pod
Established Member
Ok I found a 2001 Silver with 55K on it for 19,995.00. That does not seem to bad and its closer. I have a brother inthe business so I am trying to get him to buy the truck from the other dealer.

Should i be looking for anything on the truck that would not be obvious to most people. Leaks (etc.)

EATONSRT

Lights out for Merriman!
Established Member
If you wanna go up another 3 grand i have a 03 DSG with 32k miles. Warrantee till September. Immaculate condition. Basic Bolts on's. 400rwhp 500rwtq. 23,000 and its yours and we can work something out on shipping to you. I'm in MA. Just figured for another 3 grand you could have a 2 year newer, 20k mile less truck with mods already on. [email protected]

Last edited:

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
you should look on ebay also, there's a wide selection of models and colors. Plus if you get an '03 or '04 it'll still come with the factory warr. and you might have the option of buying an ext. warr. from ford. My warr. paid for itself 3x over!

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
EATONSRT said:
If you wanna go up another 3 grand i have a 03 DSG with 32k miles. Warrantee till September. Immaculate condition. Basic Bolts on's. 400rwhp 500rwtq. 23,000 and its yours and we can work something out on shipping to you. I'm in MA. Just figured for another 3 grand you could have a 2 year newer, 20k mile less truck with mods already on. [email protected]

That sounds pretty good right there. Wish I was in the market, DSG is one of the nicest stock colors I have ever seen on anything. :thumbsup:

69stang

Experienced Lurker
Established Member
Speed3198 is right, I just bought my lightning on ebay a week and half ago, stock black 2003 w/24500 miles and factory warr. for 23k. It took me awhile to find exactly the right one...but they're out there. I highly reccomend checking with the members here, as well as the "other" lightning sites. Good Luck!

EATONSRT

Lights out for Merriman!
Established Member
Gripstang said:
That sounds pretty good right there. Wish I was in the market, DSG is one of the nicest stock colors I have ever seen on anything. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread