Would you guyes take this deal? Procharger

LethalDosage

Banned
My cousin wrecked his 04 Termi and is parting it out. He said he'd sell me his Procharger D1 kit for $2300. I was planning on doing a whipple or kb but now im wondering if this might be a better way to go. The kit has around 5k miles on it and comes with everything. I havent seen many procharged termis running around so itd be kinda cool to have something different. Any thoughts??

68gtscode

Established Member
Spend the money on a TS. I have a D1 on my 98... I'm sure it would make more power on my Terminator than it does on my 98, but I can say with certainty it would not be in the same ball park as my Whipple! A centrifugal will totally change the nature of your car (in a bad way)- all that low end torque will dissappear!

yellowgt02

Established Member
Why do people say the powerband isnt good for these cars?

Yet everyone recommends Prochargers for 99-01 Cobras? I dont get it.

Sure they dont make the torque down low like an TS/Eaton car, but they pull like a freight train up top.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
99-01s because they have a much smaller selection of TS blowers, plus they cost a lot more than those for 03-04s. Plus a TS would be a better fit for the heavier terminator IMO.

metaman

Established Member
I think that the procharger is good if you are running a 4500+ stall torque converter with an automatic. Or you are planning on having a track only car that you launch at 5000 rpm. Otherwise, the power curve of the twin screw is going to be way more fun.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I vote procharger, but only the f1a headunit, and only if you have a higher compression engine, and possibly more cubes.

These things just don't perform without some compression behind them

Users who are viewing this thread