would this plate offend you?

v8venomgt

Established Member
just trying to get honest leo opinions. i want to get the license plate SRY OFCR (sorry officer). i thought it was kinda funny, as do most people, but i dont want leos to think im trying to be disrespectful towards them. if anything i think it would give them a laugh:shrug: some people think that im trying to throw it in the face of the officer pulling me over. anyway, opinions?

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
to be honest, with our cars, I wouldn't want to attract the attention to yourself, especially from bored LEOs.

I used to have a custom license plate frame that said "Powered by... Arrogance". It was meant to be a play on all those lame "powered by honda" stickers and also doubled as a reference on the stereotype that all mustang drivers are arrogant assholes. But after a cop mentioned it to me once during a stop, I took that shit off. The last thing I need with my already 'borderline too loud exhaust', is to have a cop behind me say "O RLY?" where normally he wouldn’t bother.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Not to hijack, but on the same lines.

Friend has a diesel. He's somewhat thinking about getting meth injection, and I told him to get METHHED on his license plate. Any way an officer might look down on this, or would the DMV just not let him have it?

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
METHHED= Meth Head = Drug User/Dealer

I wouldn't worry about the attention that plate would get from LEO's - it's the 'others' that I would worry about............................

Bird

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
i think it will attract unwanted attention also and gives them a reason to pull you over and f with you. but i think its a pretty original idea though

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Bird said:
I wouldn't worry about the attention that plate would get from LEO's - it's the 'others' that I would worry about............................

Bird

completely agree, ive heard stories of people fileing complaints and stuff for plates like MILF and stuff... My personal favorite, a guy has a plate on here with FUH-Q on his fox, i love that. :rockon:

fearmenot

Established Member
v8venomgt said:
just trying to get honest leo opinions. i want to get the license plate SRY OFCR (sorry officer). i thought it was kinda funny, as do most people, but i dont want leos to think im trying to be disrespectful towards them. if anything i think it would give them a laugh:shrug: some people think that im trying to throw it in the face of the officer pulling me over. anyway, opinions?

In AZ they screen customized plates and you have to give good reason why you chose it. If it insinuates a slight derogatory they will decline the plate. And in your instance it can go either way. I would say no don't get it.

jshen

Established Member
Keep in mind people tend to "remember" the tag..Not a good thing unless you want that attention...Especially one that suggests one is prone to violate the law...for exampe tag "2Fast4U" .

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I remember reading a story someone posted on here a while ago about his friend had that exact plate (SRY OFCR) and got pulled over. The cop actuall wrote, on his ticket, "Appology accepted. But you're still getting a ticket."

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
A long time ago I had "Faster than a speeding ticket" on my plate frame. Each and everytime I got pulled over the officer made a comment about it and a ticket followed. It wasn't long before I removed that stupid thing.

I personally wouldn't use it.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
i think the plate is super funny. cops usually dont have the same sense of humor, tho. id say dont get it. cool idea tho!:rockon:

jimljr145

Jimljr145
Established Member
Why does everyone here think cops have no sense of humor? For those of us in patrol, we look at tags all shift long. I enjoy reading creative custom tags. NJ is pretty tough on what they will allow, so I usually don't see anything off the wall. I personally would not stop a car based solely on your license plate, but do remember, that combined with certain bumper stickers you may have, can paint a picture about yourself that you may not even realize. As others have stated, personalized tags are easy to remember, so if you are horsing around, and a concerned citizen calls you in, "SRY OFCR" is not what I'd want on my car..

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
WTF said:
to be honest, with our cars, I wouldn't want to attract the attention to yourself, especially from bored LEOs.

I used to have a custom license plate frame that said "Powered by... Arrogance". It was meant to be a play on all those lame "powered by honda" stickers and also doubled as a reference on the stereotype that all mustang drivers are arrogant assholes. But after a cop mentioned it to me once during a stop, I took that shit off. The last thing I need with my already 'borderline too loud exhaust', is to have a cop behind me say "O RLY?" where normally he wouldn’t bother.
actually O RLY itself would be a good plate, lol

Lawman

Established Member
When I was 15, I had a bumper sticker on the back of my pick-up that read: I hate SLOW people in the FAST lane!
Well, I was pulled over one evening on the interstate for speeding. The Trooper gave a ticket, and was laughing and shaking his head while he walked back to his cruiser.
I peeled that sticker off, and replaced it with one that read:"Who Farted?"

Common

Established Member
Srry That plate is already used many many times...I have seen it 2 times already(played out IMO)...seen it on SHOW N GO show on a GTI from Maryland(i think) then seen it again but cant recall where tho...

played out but funny in a way

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
jshen said:
Keep in mind people tend to "remember" the tag..Not a good thing unless you want that attention...Especially one that suggests one is prone to violate the law...for exampe tag "2Fast4U" .

You are dead on. I eat lunch at a place where many of the county workers and more than a few LEOs eat lunch. Usually in my DD 94 buick, and you would be surprised how many officers in that area know of my car by the tag before I even introduce myself. Instead of cringing, I usually sit with them and socialize, they are all car guys. Actually took a local sherriff's deputy for a ride in my car, off duty of course, and hes now in the market for one =0

image013ow7.jpg

May not have been the best choice in retrospect, but I have yet to be pulled over for something I didn't have coming to me. I have always been treated fairly. Don't ask for the attention if you can't handle it lol :nono:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread