Would the power difference be big or small?

94venomV8

Established Member
OK so I am thinking about two things for a head intake setup. I like the looks of a sullivan on the motor. So would the power difference be big if I went to 03 cobra heads and a sullivan compared to B-heads and a stock intake. I am just trying to figure out if it is cost effective to do this with the extra cost of C heads and intake over what I already have. Also this will be on a turbo car. Thanks

94venomV8

Established Member
I am going to run a 9:1 comp. forged motor with one of the above heads or intake combos. It will have a 78mm turbo on it and and thats about it. Pretty simple combo but looking for a bunch of power. Either way I will be using stock 98 cobra cams that will be degreed, I want to see how much power I can get out of the stock cams for fun and less money spent. Pretty much it, I just want to know it the C heads would be money well spent with a sullivan. But to be honest I am looking into possibly getting a MMR intake they made for B heads. It would be the same money as the sullivan so IDK we will see.

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
I am going to run a 9:1 comp. forged motor with one of the above heads or intake combos. It will have a 78mm turbo on it and and thats about it. Pretty simple combo but looking for a bunch of power. Either way I will be using stock 98 cobra cams that will be degreed, I want to see how much power I can get out of the stock cams for fun and less money spent. Pretty much it, I just want to know it the C heads would be money well spent with a sullivan. But to be honest I am looking into possibly getting a MMR intake they made for B heads. It would be the same money as the sullivan so IDK we will see.
i guess it all boils down to personal preference and/or funding. no doubt that the 03 cobra head/sullivan combo is a sweet setup that should make power... if you have the money go for it. ported b-heads and the MMR intake would be a very nice combo as well.

i personally am going with the latter as i purchased the MMR intake, and some ported heads. the intake looks to be a quality piece. hopefully it will make some power on my procharged setup.

Users who are viewing this thread